Thread: If I was to upgrade from my GTX 560 Ti....

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Paul Iddon's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4N68T-M-LE-V2
      • CPU:
      • AMD Athlon II X4 640 3010.4MHz
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb Ram
      • Storage:
      • Sata
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 560 Ti
      • PSU:
      • Ask me one on sport... but its 650w I think
      • Case:
      • Local build
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer
      • Internet:
      • Fast!

If I was to upgrade from my GTX 560 Ti....

If I was to upgrade from my GTX 560 Ti....

What new graphics card would you suggest to give me a significant performance improvement without breaking the bank? Bear in mind that any new card would have to be the same physical size to fit in my mini-tower base unit.

I don't want to spend a fortune - I'm not one of those people that needs to brag about their cutting edge bits and pieces, but I want to know if there is anything worth moving up to for between £100 and £150 that will clearly allow me to notice smoother gameplay and faster response times. (I also use Photoshop a lot, so something to help there too).

The games I play the most are Titanfall & Battlefield 4, plus I have the Call of Duty games too.

My PC has 8Gb DDR3 Ram.

(Oh and while we are here, is there anything that streams wireless internet to a Smart TV (Panasonic) - the TV's built in web interface does not support flash or Java so streaming the match off Bet365 won't play on the telly!)

Ta muchly.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Re: If I was to upgrade from my GTX 560 Ti....

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Iddon View Post
    I don't want to spend a fortune - I'm not one of those people that needs to brag about their cutting edge bits and pieces, but I want to know if there is anything worth moving up to for between £100 and £150 that will clearly allow me to notice smoother gameplay and faster response times. (I also use Photoshop a lot, so something to help there too).

The games I play the most are Titanfall & Battlefield 4, plus I have the Call of Duty games too.
    I dread to say it, but you might be CPU limited in some of those scenarios - a new card won't improve photoshop over your current one, but a faster CPU might. The 560ti is a very good match for your current CPU. Moving up to a R9 270 would give you a bit of a boost in games where there's a lot of graphical load and little CPU, but won't help slowdowns/slow response times caused by waiting on the CPU.

(Oh and while we are here, is there anything that streams wireless internet to a Smart TV (Panasonic) - the TV's built in web interface does not support flash or Java so streaming the match off Bet365 won't play on the telly!)
    Chromecast?

Thread Information