Thread: GTX 1060 Fan Replacement

Registered+
    Thanks

Question GTX 1060 Fan Replacement

Hi,

I just got an EVGA GTX1060 Single Fan version.
    As much as I like the card, I wish its fan could run a little bit quieter. Then I went through pile of my old PC equipment and found an Arctic Cooler Twin Turbo I used to put on an 8800GT.

Anyone knew if this Aftermarket GPU cooler, Arctic Cooler Twin Turbo, could possibly fit on my GTX 1060?
    I have attached the picture of this fan currently mounted on my 8800GT for reference.

https://s11.postimg.org/qy19btncz/DSC_1131.jpg

Thanks in advance for any input!
    Aik

Spreadie

Re: GTX 1060 Fan Replacement

The position of the GPU die on the PCB is reasonable close, but the only way to find out would be to offer it up to the 1060 PCB - maybe the screw holes will line up, because the Arctic cooler only uses the four screws around the GPU chip to mount, iirc. Just make sure you won't be crushing any other components on the board when you tighten it up.

Bear in mind the 1060 isn't actually as long as the reference cooler would have you believe, so it will look a bit odd, and you won't have a contact plate cooling the VRAM - you'll be solely reliant on airflow.

The only other thing to watch for is the fan connector - it looks similar, but you may have to power the fans separately, foregoing any GPU-based fan control.

Thread Information