Thread: No video signal during boot-up and waking up from sleep

Thanks

Exclamation No video signal during boot-up and waking up from sleep

Hello, I have an old computer and i have been having many problems with it. It keeps giving me random BSODs; which i can live with. However recently a new problem started which is very annoying.

My motherboard is a Jetway 945GCM2SA2-6CH. Can't post the link but you can google it. It runs a Core2Duo E4500 CPU and 1GB DDR2 RAM.

My PSU is a local no name brand, the kind which people always advise against. However it came free with the case and it has served me well for 8 years.

I overclocked this PC in August 2012. I got upto 2.4 GHz stable. I stress tested it using Prime95 and LinX for long periods of time. However i soon started getting BSODs during normal usage, after which i turned down the clocks to their default 2.2 GHz. I created a thread about this earlier.

The main problem is that i do not get video signal during bootup. This problem has started happening rather recently. The monitor gets the signal for a split second but before it can display anything, the signal goes off. This happens repeatedly(I can tell by looking at the way the power LED blinks). This goes on till the login screen appears, or in somecases, the signal doesn't appear at all.

The second problem is that my computer gets random BSODs, specially under heavy load. This has been happening since i tried overclocking. And by heavy load i mean when i have many tabs(15-20) open in my browser with image and script heavy pages open in them. Most of the time the BSODs have error code, but sometimes they show a file, which is usually a driver like tcpip.sys or my intel graphics driver. Sometimes BSODs happen even if the PC is idle.

The third problem is that i get grains and hazy lines on the monitor, as if it was getting static electricity disturbance in the VGA signal.( This is not a problem with the monitor! It runs fine when connected to another computer.)

I have a limited knowledge of computers, but my first guess is that the motherboard is dying. The reason could be my overclocking and stress testing it on a crappy PSU, or the fact that it is 8 years old and it has completed its natural life. Also AFAIK the 945G chipset isn't great overclocker.

What should i do? Is there a fix for these problems? Any help would be appreciated.

don't stock motherhoods
    Thanks
    • Millennium's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X470 Gaming Plus
      • CPU:
      • AMD 3600x @ 3.85 with Turbo
      • Memory:
      • 4*G-Skill Samsung B 3200 14T 1T
      • Storage:
      • WD850 and OEM961 1TB, 1.5TB SSD SATA, 4TB Storage, Ext.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3070 FE HHR NVidia (Mining Over)
      • PSU:
      • ToughPouwer 1kw (thinking of an upgrade to 600w)
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 101 Home 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HiSense 55" TV 4k 8bit BT709 18:10
      • Internet:
      • Vodafone 12 / month, high contentions weekends 2, phone backup.

Re: No video signal during boot-up and waking up from sleep

This I would suggest is a mobo chip set problem. So yes, the PC motherboard.

I can`t really fully advise you on where to go from there though I would like to say advise not fixing it with a replacement motherboard unless you find one free or very attractively priced.

This may depend on your current OS install and data in the end.

Best wishes
    hexus trust : n(baby):n(lover):n(sky)|>P(Name)>>nopes

Be Careful on the Internet! I ran and tackled a drive by mining attack today. It's not designed to do anything than provide fake texts (say!)

Thread Information