Thread: micro sdxc card - do sdhc micro card adapters work with sdxc cards?

Thanks

micro sdxc card - do sdhc micro card adapters work with sdxc cards?

i wasn't sure how to word the title the best way, but basically i have a micro sdxc card thats 64gb but i don't have any sdxc readers in any computers apart from my linx7 tablet. i want to take files from another pc and put on the sdxc card. i can put the card in the linx and copy via wifi but it takes ages so wanted to connect direct to the pc with a card reader. i have a reader that accepts the bigger/normal size cards (and readers that just accept sdhc) and 2 or 3 of the adapters that turn micro sdhc cards into the normal size ones. the question is do those adapters work with micro sdxc to normal size sdxc? i can't get it to work myself

so if it doesn't work i probably need a compatible adapter as that would let me use the card in other pcs, and a cheap usb card reader that reads micro and normal size sdxc cards. i don't have usb3 so a cheap ebay/amazon job would do the trick. as i already have umptten card readers i could do without cluttering up with yet another if i can get what i've got to work

thanks

Thanks

Re: micro sdxc card - do sdhc micro card adapters work with sdxc cards?

As far as I know SDXC cards will not work in SD/SDHC slots which is why it won't work for you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watercooled View Post
    As far as I know SDXC cards will not work in SD/SDHC slots which is why it won't work for you.
    i have i sdxc reader but the mini to normal size adapter just says sdhc. i noticed on sites like mymemory and 7day store the bundled adapter card (which is how i got mine) just say sdhc and not sdxc so i presume the "pins" are the same and the adapter just matches them so whether it's sdhc or sdxc doesn't matter, but was hoping someone else may have knew more about it

Thanks

The contacts are the same for HC and XC - the pinout difference comes with UHS-2 however they're still backwards compatible just at the lower speed.

What you're describing should work as far as I know. Have you tried some standard size SDXC cards in the reader to check it can read them?

Thanks

i only have 2 sdxc cards, one is faulty, the other works and works with the card reader but it seems to be hit and miss the with the sdxc cards. i'll probably get another card reader as they don't cost much, and get one with mini slot

Registered+
    Thanks

I have used the Kingston MobileLite 9-in-1 Reader which has I have used to read sdxc and micro sdxc, I think it cost about £3.

Thread Information