• Case:
      • Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ G2420HDBL 24", AG Neveo F-419 19"

Intel AMT remote KVM / BIOS connection issues on TS140

Hey All,

I just got a Lenovo Thinkserver TS140 to use as a new home server and have set up intel AMT on the motherboard, but am having trouble fully connecting to it.

I've been through all the settings & steps as described in the lenovo guide here, and can connect to the server AMT using my web browser and using the intel vPro Platform Solution Manager program.

My problem is that I can't seem to connect to the BIOS / KVM at all, and have no idea what I'm doing wrong (I'm completely new to this AMT / remote access stuff). From the vPro Platform Solution Manager I can connect to the server no problem but when I try to connect to the Serial Over LAN the program comes up with an error:

Error connecting to SOL: Failed to init imrsdk.dll: An error occurred while trying to store client information.

If I use the intel Manageability Commander Tool it doesn't even connect to the server and the debug log has the error System.Net.WebException, the detail of which is:

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
    at NetworkAdministrationService.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

I've very briefly tried a couple of other tools (UltraVNC and RAdmin) but I can't get them to connect either.

Anyone able to help me out at all?!!
    Last edited by cocksy_boy; 28-01-2016 at 10:34 PM. Reason: title correction

Thread Information