This is a bit of a weird one, and SUPER frustrating.

Basically I just got a 4K TV but I only have a GTX 1060, so very few of the games are played at 4K. The problem I have though is when launching a game that's not 4K, it switches back to desktop. I switch back to game, it goes back to desktop..and we play this little game until the TV gets bored (seriously, I have NO idea why it finally sits in the game in the resolution, it seems random)

What I can do is set my desktop resolution to the game's resolution before launching..but this seems more of a bandage than a fix (as a side note, it lets me do 90hz at 1080p...it's SO amazing I've never had more than 60hz before)

So does anyone know why my TV is kicking back to desktop ? It almost feels like it's testing me, like, if I try to go back in the game enough times it feels I deserve to finally play it.

The model is a Sony Bravia XD83 ( http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-...888&awid=78888 )

As a side note...omg 4K gaming is just beautiful. Even dropping it down to 2560x1440 bums me out. I really need to get a capable card.