Seriously casual gamer KeyboardDemon's Avatar
    Thanks
    • KeyboardDemon's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabretooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k + Corsair H80 (Refurbed)
      • Memory:
      • 16gb (4x4gb) Corsair Vengence Red (1866mhz) - (Because it looks good in a black mobo)
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M550 SSD 1TB + 2x 500GB Seagate HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 (Warranty replacement for 780Ti SC ACX)
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 750 watt SuperNova G2
      • Case:
      • Silverstone RV03
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus Swift PG278Q
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity (40mbs dl/10mbs ul)

Win Avid or Pinnacle video editing software

Hey people,

I’ve been planning to do this for ages, but somehow could never come up with something quite interesting enough, in the end I just thought I’d post a competition and let you lot make it interesting by giving me some good answers.

So before I tell you about the competition let me tell you about the prizes, I have two prizes on up for grabs:

For the second place winner I have a full copy of Pinnacle StudioHD Ultimate Collection Version 15 and for the first prize winner I have Avid Studio, these are both excellent video editing packages and Avid Studio is used in many professional video editing suites around the world with Pinnacle being a version built on the same engine but aimed at domestic users.

So to win one of these prizes all you need to do is come up with an idea for a video production that features character from video games in a setting/settings that those characters would not normally be seen in. Please make these as fun as possible, but remember the forum’s family values and keep it clean enough to read in front of children. Visuals will help but are not essential.
    The competition will be judged by myself and g8ina and any other mods or admins that care to step in and offer their services.

The entry requirements are that contestants need to be regular contributors to the site with a minimum of 200 posts and also UK residents only as I need to consider postal costs, however I may entertain international entries if the winner is willing to cover postage costs (Please state this when submitting your entry).

Disclaimer: This is a privately run competition, it is being run with permission from DR, it is not connected to Hexus, Hexus’s sponsor’s or any other parties associated with Hexus, and is being run purely for the those people that contribute to making this forum such a great forum.
    The closing date for entries is Midnight on the 5th January and winners will be announced shortly after this date.

Good luck people.

Thanks
    • KeyboardDemon's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabretooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16gb (4x4gb) Corsair Vengence Red (1866mhz) - (Because it looks good in a black mobo)
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Silverstone RV03
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus Swift PG278Q
      • Internet:

Re: Win Avid or Pinnacle video editing software

I thought you all liked competitions. Would you prefer it if I just put all of your user names into a hat and drew two out, giving the first prize to the first name etc...?

If I did it that way then I wouldn't need a judge and would be able to let mods/admins enter as well. Let me know? Or if you're just not interested in the prize tell me about that as well.

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

I will try and see if I can think of a synopsis. OTH,it might be a tad on the daft side!!

Edit!!

It could be that people are going away for the Christmas break,so I suspect there might be some more interest,over the next few days.

Anyway,thanks for the competition!!

Thanks
    • KeyboardDemon's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabretooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Silverstone RV03
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus Swift PG278Q
      • Internet:

Quote Originally Posted by CAT-THE-FIFTH View Post
    I will try and see if I can think of a synopsis. OTH,it might be a tad on the daft side!!

Edit!!

It could be that people are going away for the Christmas break,so I suspect there might be some more interest,over the next few days.

Anyway,thanks for the competition!!
    You're most probly right, thanks.

To give you an example of how serious I want the ideas to be, I'm almost exclusively playing Saints Row the Third so I'm really thinking not so much Panorama and more Monty Python, the further out there it is the more I'll like it, I'm no producer so I'm not looking for professionally presented ideas, just a short(ish) post that makes me and g8ina laugh.

I've just had a thought on this, I'll let you guys be judges too, if you see something you like and find amusing vote for it by clicking thanks, I'll consider those entries with more votes over the ones with the fewest, but if that's the case please only vote for no more than three entries please.

Thread Information