Seeing as since Nick's moved on to bigger & better things, & it's been a bit dead around here. I thought I'd toss in a few new recipies Here'e the first.
0iD's Shrimp Pad Thai
Serves about 4.
Halve the noodles to reduce the bulk if you wish.
What you need:
200g Rice Stick Noodles (preferrably, but any rice noodles will do)
2-3 Tbs Peanut or Extra Virgin Rapeseed oil
2 Medium Eggs
1-2 Inches of Ginger root, peeled & finely chopped
2 large(ish) red or red + green chilies, de-seeded & julienne
10-12 large shrimp or Tiger Prawns, peeled, leaving tail
Juice of one whole Lemon or Lime
2 Tbs of Thai Fish Sauce (anchovy concentrate)
2 tsp sugar
50g freshbean sprouts
4 Scallions, julienne
2-3 tbs crushed/chopped Peanuts/Cashews
What you do with it:
1. Place the rice stick noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water.
2. Allow to soak till soft. Depends on the type of noodle used.
3. Drain and rinse with cold water.
4. Heat 1 tablepsoon of the oil in a wok over high heat.
5. Add the beaten eggs, swirl, stir gently and cook until just set.
6. Remove from the wok and set aside.
7. Add the remaining oil, ginger and chilli to the wok and cook for 1 minute.
8. Add the prawns and cook for 3-4 minutes or till they start to turn pinkish.
9. Add the cooked noodles, Lemon/Lime juice, fish sauce and sugar and cook for another 3 minutes.
10. Mix in the cooked egg, beansprouts and scallions.
11. Sprinkle with the nuts, serve IMMEDIATELY.