Page 8 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5678910111828384858 ... LastLast

Thread: EVE-Online

Thanks

Re: EVE-Online

Not enough people I assume. That and everyone has corps as far as I can tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Jay
    Thanks

I don't not anymore anyway.

ps

Do any of you use XFire? If so add me ... csjay. I would love to catch up on some Eve play but its a bit turd on your own
    Last edited by Jay; 24-03-2008 at 01:29 AM.
    □ΞVΞ□

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrard View Post
    Ignore your standing with the agent itself. Although as it increases, the effective quality very slightly increases, it's the standing with the corp itself that determines what agents you can use. What corp does the agent work for and what's your standing with that corp?
    Convo Daxtor Xilo if you want me to try and run through it with you in game.
    I am Caldari
    Mr corp is 'state war academy'
    Standing with current Agent is 5.2 (and its taken ages to get there....so slow )
    She works for 'state war academy' too.

Using the map to find bigger green dots finds me more agents but the quality is always =>0
    My standing to 'state war academy' is 0.67

Screenshot

I just don't know how I'm supposed to progress from here? I just keep doing the same old missions again and again. I've had 3 of the 'special' type ones, where a different agent needs an urgent mission doing, which I have all done successfully. Now what?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I don't not anymore anyway.

ps

Do any of you use XFire? If so add me ... csjay. I would love to catch up on some Eve play but its a bit turd on your own
    No corp here either, although I'll probably join the same one Dak's in if they let me at some point, they seem like a nice enough bunch
    Sorry, no Xfire

Thanks
    • educatedfool's system
      • Motherboard:
      • DFI Infinity CFX3200/AM2
      • CPU:
      • AMD AM2 X2 6000 3.0Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB Patriot DDR2 800 4-4-4-12
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 500Gb Sata II
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire HD2900XT 512MB
      • PSU:
      • 900W Tagan
      • Case:
      • Antec 900, better than a hoover
      • Operating System:
      • XP32 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer 22" Widescreen
      • Internet:
      • 8Mb BT

Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    I am Caldari
    Standing with current Agent is 5.2 (and its taken ages to get there....so slow )

Using the map to find bigger green dots finds me more agents but the quality is always =>0

Screenshot

I just don't know how I'm supposed to progress from here? I just keep doing the same old missions again and again. I've had 3 of the 'special' type ones, where a different agent needs an urgent mission doing, which I have all done successfully. Now what?

Something I haven't bothered to do yet, but I will get round to it very soon:

Learn the 'Social' skill (in the social section ofc) to level 3 or 4 then learn the 'Connections' skill to 3 or 4 (whatever you want really) this will increase you standing by a bit, not sure if it will be enough to get to the next level of agents though.

Not sure how effective it is but I'm sure I've read it somewhere.

Edit: EVEMon is also a very handy program for planning out your skills and if you have it running it gives you a message when your skill training is done when outside of eve.

6. Received thanks from:

Agent (24-03-2008)

Thanks

Just been having a chat with a mate and he pointed out the same as that
    As it turns out I have social to Level 2 already, so its slightly annoying I don't seem to be progressing hugely. He's just gave me 2M ISK though to help me get my next ship, A cruiser (maybe an Osprey?) probably

Its not slow progression that bothers me, its that the game doesn't make it clear in any way what the hell I'm supposed to be doing. I hate to compare it to WoW, but at least in WoW you know that higher level = better.

Thanks
    • educatedfool's system
      • Motherboard:
      • DFI Infinity CFX3200/AM2
      • CPU:
      • AMD AM2 X2 6000 3.0Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB Patriot DDR2 800 4-4-4-12
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 500Gb Sata II
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire HD2900XT 512MB
      • PSU:
      • 900W Tagan
      • Case:
      • Antec 900, better than a hoover
      • Operating System:
      • XP32 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer 22" Widescreen
      • Internet:
      • 8Mb BT

Just been having a chat with a mate and he pointed out the same as that
    As it turns out I have social to Level 2 already, so its slightly annoying I don't seem to be progressing hugely. He's just gave me 2M ISK though to help me get my next ship, A cruiser (maybe an Osprey?) probably

Its not slow progression that bothers me, its that the game doesn't make it clear in any way what the hell I'm supposed to be doing. I hate to compare it to WoW, but at least in WoW you know that higher level = better.

Yeah it is very confusing, I started in May last year and I still don't have a clue about most of the stuff going on. It's a really great game though, the PVP is awesome, interaction with other players in the game in general is awesome wether you are going to kill them or not.

Really gets the heart pounding when you've got a 70mil ship (inc fittings) and you are out numbered trying desperately to get away I rarely do because I'm terrible at it. I was being chased when in a drake one time which is horrendously slow to align to warp but I had fitted a cloak device (for laughs) so I was sat at the gate in cloak surrounded by a gang of them and it never crossed my mind to align to warp whilst in cloak, I would have easily got away. Instead cloak ran out and I got killed in the end, but I took one of them down. I was quite irritated as that was the one journey were I decided to transport alot of stuff and try out a new build on my drake.

Theres the kill detail: Blue Federation Killboard - Kill details you can see the amount of crap I lost in my cargo hold The guy was nice enough to give me my Caldari battleship book back though

The Osprey has a good mining bonus if you're into that thing, I used one for ages until my hauler decided not to play as much

Thanks

Oh.my.god.
    I would be crying over that!

HEXUS.social member
    Thanks

I am Caldari

Screenshot

Right, to get the lvl 1, Quality 18 agent you will need a standing of 0.90 with State War Academy. As mentioned above, training Connections to lvl 3 will give you a 1.2 standings boost (0.4 per level), which will allow you to jump straight to lvl 2s (although you have to do 1 lvl 1 missions to get that corp on the board before the Connections skills kicks in). The server is down atm, but I am not sure if that would be the best corp to work for. The range of agents is limited by the looks of it. Caldari Navy might be better, especially if you want to fight more than courier.

Ah, just noticed another problem why you've been to slow to increase your standings. The storyline agent works for a different corp and therefore the big bonus you get from those missions goes to Spacelane rather than State War. Bloody annoying when that happens. Not much you can do about it until you change to a new agent.

HEXUS.social member
    Thanks

Ok, I just checked on the server and State War Academy is a crap corp to work for. Only 13 agents of one type! I suggest working for Caldari Navy. They have over 100 agents of various types (although most will be kill missions biased). They also have medical facilities in their stations that will be very useful later on.

It will mean starting from scratch again unfortunately, but the progress should be a lot easier with that amount of agents around. However, if I'm online I can get lvl 2 missions from them, so might be able to give you a head start if you want by accompanying me.

12. Received thanks from:

Agent (24-03-2008)

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Pro + 3TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC

Agent if you're still struggling to get your standings up I'll be running a lot of L4's with Spacelane Patrol in the next few days, I'd be happy to share the mission standings with you(Already have 10.0). All you need to do is be fleeted with me don't even need to undock. So you can just stay logged and AFK or carry on what you were doing.

14. Received thanks from:

Agent (24-03-2008)

Thanks

Right, to get the lvl 1, Quality 18 agent you will need a standing of 0.90 with State War Academy. As mentioned above, training Connections to lvl 3 will give you a 1.2 standings boost (0.4 per level), which will allow you to jump straight to lvl 2s (although you have to do 1 lvl 1 missions to get that corp on the board before the Connections skills kicks in). The server is down atm, but I am not sure if that would be the best corp to work for. The range of agents is limited by the looks of it. Caldari Navy might be better, especially if you want to fight more than courier.

Ah, just noticed another problem why you've been to slow to increase your standings. The storyline agent works for a different corp and therefore the big bonus you get from those missions goes to Spacelane rather than State War. Bloody annoying when that happens. Not much you can do about it until you change to a new agent.
    Ok, I just checked on the server and State War Academy is a crap corp to work for. Only 13 agents of one type! I suggest working for Caldari Navy. They have over 100 agents of various types (although most will be kill missions biased). They also have medical facilities in their stations that will be very useful later on.

It will mean starting from scratch again unfortunately, but the progress should be a lot easier with that amount of agents around. However, if I'm online I can get lvl 2 missions from them, so might be able to give you a head start if you want by accompanying me.
    Superb mate
    I'll drop this Agent then and move on to the highest I can in the Navy and give that a shot
    I just wish they would explain these things in game
    Will my Storyline agent change to the same corp I go for now, say Navy?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckskull View Post
    Agent if you're still struggling to get your standings up I'll be running a lot of L4's with Spacelane Patrol in the next few days, I'd be happy to share the mission standings with you(Already have 10.0). All you need to do is be fleeted with me don't even need to undock. So you can just stay logged and AFK or carry on what you were doing.
    Thats mighty nice of you mate
    Isn't that going to be cheating a bit, or is this how things work in Eve?
    I don't mind working to progress, Don't want you guys to feel like I'm asking you to spoon feed me, its just so complicated....

Thanks
    • [DW]Cougho's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Crosshair VI Hero
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.3 1900 FLCK
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Team Group DDR4 @ 3800 C16
      • Storage:
      • 512GB Samsung 870 EVO NVME & 1TB Samsung 850 Evo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX1070 G1 Gaming
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760
      • Case:
      • Silverstone FT-05B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ XL2730Z 1440p 144Hz
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 1

i would probably say dump the caldari agents altogether now, purely because all the LVL4 ones which you will eventually want are whored to hell and this means lag..... alot of lag.

My Advice: Find a nice agent in Amarr space

17. Received thanks from:

Agent (24-03-2008)

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by [DW]Cougho View Post
    Whhaaa?

You've got to be kidding me! If so good going and erm.... whats your secret?
    No not kidding. Secret isn't much of one - I just salvage and clear pirates in mid-sec space. Take a few risks occasionally when I think traffic is low, stay in less populated areas etc. Occasionally you find something that goes for mega ISK.

If I get to 150mil before the end of the trial I might buy it and then get purchase some game time, though I'm hoping to get a cruiser before the end if my skills let me.

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Pro + 3TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC

Thats mighty nice of you mate
    Isn't that going to be cheating a bit, or is this how things work in Eve?
    I don't mind working to progress, Don't want you guys to feel like I'm asking you to spoon feed me, its just so complicated....
    Nah it's within the game mechanics. Saves some grinding. We do it with our miners all the time saves on the refining tax for them. I'm not spoon feeding you anything I wasn't fed

As for storyline agents it goes by the nearest one to the agent you finish the 16th(iirc) mission for. Luckily for me, mines in the same station as my normal L4 agent.

Thanks

Wow. I just found a Quality:14, effective 19 Agent available to me in the Navy under 'Security'. Must have been due to the skills above finishing?
    Makes sense to go with her doesn't it?

Thread Information