Thread: News - Watch out for PS3 shortages, Sony on target for 10 million install base

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - Watch out for PS3 shortages, Sony on target for 10 million install base

Sony CEO reckons we can expect shortages of the PS3 this Christmas, claiming impressive sales figures compared to this time last year.
    Read more.

Thanks
    • mediaboy's system
      • CPU:
      • Phenom x3 8500
      • Memory:
      • 2GB
      • Storage:
      • 1320GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD3650 512MB
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista Premium x32
      • Internet:
      • T-Mobile Mobile Broadband

Re: News - Watch out for PS3 shortages, Sony on target for 10 million install base

No Christmas price cuts? I thought it was mentioned that they are cutting prices?

Thanks

Re: News - Watch out for PS3 shortages, Sony on target for 10 million install base

Quote Originally Posted by mediaboy View Post
    No Christmas price cuts? I thought it was mentioned that they are cutting prices?
    No. They have said a number of times that there will be NO price cuts this year. Also i'm not too sure if they actually need to cut the price. MS are playing a very aggressive game this generation. Got their asses kicked, they didn't like it.

tanpax

In fact, they increased the price of the base system didn't they? 40gb vs 80gb

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tanpax View Post
    In fact, they increased the price of the base system didn't they? 40gb vs 80gb
    No. They were kept at the same price £299.99.

Thanks

Some analysts reckon that they may still cut the price this Xmas. It's going to depend on how sales go in the next month I reckon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steven W View Post
    Some analysts reckon that they may still cut the price this Xmas. It's going to depend on how sales go in the next month I reckon.
    Then again if they are able to hit thier target even if sales slow then they have no reason to cut prices.

Im just waiting for the PS4, which hopefully will be out 2010 and be a sensible price.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steven W View Post
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=198851

"As previously discussed we aren't making any price moves this holiday season," Patrick Seybold, director of corporate communications at Sony Computer Entertainment America told Edge.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloodyNine View Post
    Then again if they are able to hit thier target even if sales slow then they have no reason to cut prices.

Im just waiting for the PS4, which hopefully will be out 2010 and be a sensible price.
    PS4 in 2010. Living in cloud cuckoo land

Thanks

I think the PS3 is pretty good value, even at £299. An 80Gb HDD, BluRay drive and built in wifi don't come cheap!!

There's a 160Gb version out very soon too, 31 Oct I believe

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloodyNine View Post
    2012 I would think, no earlier.

Thread Information