• Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Re: News - Star Citizen FPS developers talk about their game module

Quote Originally Posted by ZaO View Post
    But don't you think that the future of games (definitely with exceptions to this) is to be able to do lots of different things within the same game, rather than having lots of different games for different types of gameplay?
    So you wouldn't mind SC being delayed another year for them to add in the My Little Pony subgame?

I love the idea! I think it will take a very long time to build such a game.
    It's a terrible idea. Feature creep is death to games. Long development time is as well - the scope for bugs and going out of date is really high. Only the very biggest of studios can manage it, and the returns for the end product get ever smaller.

I've grown extremely tired of the yearly release crap that's going on.
    Then don't buy the yearly release crap. There have always been plenty of other games with massive longevity, without necessarily being big budget or massively over featured. My current muse, Divinity: Original Sin, has lasted me 90 hours so far - and it is an independent, relatively small budget game.

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
    So you wouldn't mind SC being delayed another year for them to add in the My Little Pony subgame?
    Sure. As long as they have realistic physics...

It's a terrible idea. Feature creep is death to games. Long development time is as well - the scope for bugs and going out of date is really high. Only the very biggest of studios can manage it, and the returns for the end product get ever smaller.
    Do you think Battlfield or Arma are terrible ideas? Remember when you couldn't do all of those things in the same 3D game? What about Planetside 2? SC has a lot in common with these games. It's just adding in some social aspects, an economy, procedurally generated planets to explore, all set in a massive universe. Know that it is just your opinion that this is a terrible idea. Again - look at how much backing it's received. Obviously someone out there loves the idea...

Then don't buy the yearly release crap. There have always been plenty of other games with massive longevity, without necessarily being big budget or massively over featured. My current muse, Divinity: Original Sin, has lasted me 90 hours so far - and it is an independent, relatively small budget game.
    I don't buy the yearly release crap. You always give that answer to people. You're right to say it as part of a solution. But it's sometimes like you're undermining the real point. So you can give an example of a game which has given you many hours of gameplay. So can I - Skyrim. But this is not what I'm talking about. Look at the community Battlefield 2 had. Look at how many years that game was going strong. I'm saying it'll be cool to have something like this once again. It'll make a nice change from the way the industry has gone, where they build loads of hype for a game that everyone plays for a year max, until they hype the next one and rinse and repeat, every year. These devs/publishers just don't care about the games anymore.

Now back to the thread topic. I can't wait to have a go at ship boarding within the FPS section of the game. I can see it being a bit like the old Carrier Assault mode from Battlefield. I love the idea of being able to take someone's ship, instead of just having to fight to the death every encounter! Man, I brought up Battlefield a lot in this post.....
    Last edited by ZaO; 28-10-2014 at 01:25 PM.

Thanks

I think you misread me. It's not part of the core game: It wasn't part of the original RSI pitch, and ANY STRETCH GOAL IS BY DEFINITION NOT PART OF THE CORE GAME.
    How did I misread you? You can't even stay consistent between two consecutive posts. It IS part of the ORIGINAL stretch goals from the funding period. Until the month long funding period is done, the "core" components are not set. You say I misread you, but try reading what you wrote.

Really it's not. It wasn't part of the original pitch at RSI. It's not on the kickstarter page for EITHER the core game OR ORIGINAL STRETCH GOALS.
    "Original Stretch Goals". All Stretch goals up to the $6 million dollar mark are part of the original stretch goals. They ARE on the Kickstarter page(there is a link to them) and the picture updated them as they were reached.

It's obvious that you just can't admit you were wrong.

Thanks

There's nothing wrong with this. Reminds me a bit of the Mass Effect series, where they mashed together multiple game types.

don't stock motherhoods
    Thanks
    • Millennium's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X470 Gaming Plus
      • CPU:
      • AMD 3600x @ 3.85 with Turbo
      • Memory:
      • 4*G-Skill Samsung B 3200 14T 1T
      • Storage:
      • WD850 and OEM961 1TB, 1.5TB SSD SATA, 4TB Storage, Ext.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3070 FE HHR NVidia (Mining Over)
      • PSU:
      • ToughPouwer 1kw (thinking of an upgrade to 600w)
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 101 Home 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HiSense 55" TV 4k 8bit BT709 18:10
      • Internet:
      • Vodafone 12 / month, high contentions weekends 2, phone backup.

huh?

I hope their devs played all the comparable AAA titles, that's all I can add
    oh and perhaps a GPU (?in a couple years!)
    hexus trust : n(baby):n(lover):n(sky)|>P(Name)>>nopes

Be Careful on the Internet! I ran and tackled a drive by mining attack today. It's not designed to do anything than provide fake texts (say!)

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

one of the old schoolers from HEXUS is playing the beta and he's simply in awe and love of SC

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information