Thread: Lian-Li announces Desk Chassis refresh & dual compartment case

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Lian-Li announces Desk Chassis refresh & dual compartment case

The Desk Chassis DK-Q2 and DK-03 will get refined ergonomics and stronger legs.
    Read more.

DWz
    Thanks

Re: Lian-Li announces Desk Chassis refresh & dual compartment case

Ah, Lian Li. So close, and yet so far. The last case I purchased from them was my T60B, and it appears that it will still be my last from them for the foreseeable future.

Just in case there are any Lian Li reps perusing the comment section, here's some advice on how to get my business back.

- Include some space for real cooling options. Not just air cooled, but options for decent water cooled gear. Meaning; radiators of at least Alphacool UT-60 [better still: Monsta's] thickness with additional room for push/pull fans. Speaking of, make that 120 x 38mm fans in p/p, although I could live with 120 x 25mm.

- Some air intakes & exhausts capable of handling the airflow needed [positive pressure design please] to support the cooling system above. Also, yes. I have UT-60's & a Monsta as well, so I'm not asking for what I don't need to make use of the equipment I already own. Right, and filtered intakes, to be sure.

- Class. The PC-O8 is lacking it in voluminous amounts. I don't mind a window to see the water cooling, nice wiring job, & custom harnesses I make for my machines, but all tempered glass is... well, a bit on the trashy side. The only thing that doesn't allow a complete verbal parallel to 1980's vintage mobile home [trailer] furnishings is that it lacks a brass plating. Honestly, it looks as though you hired a former Apevia designer. With that in mind, ditch the LED strips as well.

After all of that, you might get a return customer.

The desk...

- Drop it from the lineup. Most people who want one generally build their own, or commission someone to build what they want if they don't possess the skills to do so themselves. Critiques: 1st) it's too small. 2nd) it's way too pricey to ship. 3rd) it's still not suitably wide enough for a multi-monitor setup [especially given that some are switching to ultrawide monitors]. To top it off, it looks a bit on the iffy side with no lower bracing for the legs. Piece of advice: If you're going to go whole hog for the top end of the market, then you should build it with an eye towards the users in the market you're trying to sell to.

On a positive note; I do like the revised leveling feet, but that's about the only upside as I see it.

Thread Information