Thread: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus images, details leak

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus images, details leak

The official unveiling is expected to be at Samsung Galaxy Unpacked on 13/08.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus images, details leak

I don't think I'll be replacing my Note 3 with a Note 5 then unless I can get a 64gb version
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3dcandy View Post
    I don't think I'll be replacing my Note 3 with a Note 5 then unless I can get a 64gb version
    Yep, my note 3 will be replaced by a note 4...

Registered+
    Thanks

**** ME SAMSUNG! EPIC FAIL! The Note is a flagship geek choice phone due to the phablet design, pen and large screen and processing power that all lead to a diverse range of uses, now this is all void to no SD card expansion!
    My Note 4 has over 150GB of memory thanks to the SD card and I'm fast approaching 100GB, such a shame...

Thanks
    • big_hairy_rob's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z170-A
      • CPU:
      • Intel I5 6600k
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence (3000mhz)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 850 500GB, WD Blue 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI Radeon R9 275
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 550W (80 plus Gold)
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design S (Windowed)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64.
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama ProLite E24B3HS 24", LG Flatron L1950SQ19"
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet (infinity)

Still no 64 bit OS for phones. Baffling....
    Stuck with an S3 as I want a phone I can expand & take the battery out of.. May buy an s5 now that the price is reasonable.

Thanks

I can understand that there is a market for style over function, and I have nothing against that. A smartphone is different things for different people and that is fine. And while I understand that you can't have removable batteries with this kind of design, I don't see why you can't have a microSD slot accessible from the side. It is a huge phone already. And if you are going to remove expandable storage, at least offer larger capacities. At least up to 128GB, if not doubling that and grab some headlines.

I am also looking to replace my S3 in the near future. I considered the S5, but perhaps I will make a jump to LG. No point sticking to Samsung going by the direction they seem to be pursuing.

Thanks
    • miniyazz's system
      • CPU:
      • Acer Aspire 8920G
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Optoma HD700X projector @ c. 90"
      • Internet:
      • Really, really ****

Because the S6 design went so well for them.

Thanks

To be fair Samsung were in a catch 22. S5 is ok, prefer Samsung to LG to be fair. Note 4 could be a decent upgrade at a good price now

Thanks

My wife recently switched from iPhone 5 to Samsung S6 and I am amazed at the phone quality and camera features. Samsung even made it easy to copy data. Having been an Apple follower since 2008 with iPhone 3 upwards I am going to switch over as soon as my contract expires in October. Apple seem to have lost the initiative. My phone since 2008 always had one button and same look. Boring. The S6 has 3 buttons and it seems as if Apple have missed it. The left button to display the open applications, the right to exit or go back, the right swipe to make a call etc.. and that camera with stabiliser for video, where has apple gone? list goes on but unfortunately its now getting difficult to get my paws on her phone...

Thanks

S6 is a solid phone but I want a bit more...I use 2 batteries and use the microsd card....
    Camera in Note 4 is very similar to the S6 one

Thanks
    • crossy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • Intel 5830k / Noctua NH-D15
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850Pro NVMe, 1TB Samsung 850EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 2TB WD Green, 8TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix GTX970OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750 (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF932 (with wheels)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Ubuntu 16.04LTS
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flattron W2361V
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 200Mb

Quote Originally Posted by TooNice View Post
    I don't see why you can't have a microSD slot accessible from the side. It is a huge phone already. And if you are going to remove expandable storage, at least offer larger capacities. At least up to 128GB, if not doubling that and grab some headlines.

I am also looking to replace my S3 in the near future. I considered the S5, but perhaps I will make a jump to LG. No point sticking to Samsung going by the direction they seem to be pursuing.
    Totally agree - Samsung seem to be determined to ape Apple by going "form over function". I'm not convinced that the Note5 is a big deal and, as others have said, the best thing about the announcement is that it'll make the prices of the (better?) Note4 more appealing. Like you I had the dilemma of what to replace my (much liked) S3 with - S4 or S5. In the end - again like you - I took a risk and went with LG. And apart from a slight annoyance when the phone has to hunt for a marginal signal, (it heats up and the battery life dips), it's been a darn good choice, I'm not missing the bloat and sluglike features of TouchWiz one iota. Oh, and reputedly the camera on the G4 is as good as the S6's.

Career status: still enjoying my new career in DevOps, but it's keeping me busy...

Banned - repeated insults to other members
    Thanks

I can understand that there is a market for style over function, and I have nothing against that. A smartphone is different things for different people and that is fine. And while I understand that you can't have removable batteries with this kind of design, I don't see why you can't have a microSD slot accessible from the side. It is a huge phone already. And if you are going to remove expandable storage, at least offer larger capacities. At least up to 128GB, if not doubling that and grab some headlines.

I've made the jump to LG G3 long ago! It is ridiculous to say "offer the phone with more internal memory". Apple charges 5.2 times more per GB compared to any Sandisk micro-sd card. Samsung charges 3-4 times per GB. When memory is just memory - a commodity!

Bottomline: Only idiot consumers would touch any phone without micro-sd cards!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by preter_s View Post

I've made the jump to LG G3 long ago! It is ridiculous to say "offer the phone with more internal memory". Apple charges 5.2 times more per GB compared to any Sandisk micro-sd card. Samsung charges 3-4 times per GB. When memory is just memory - a commodity!

Bottomline: Only idiot consumers would touch any phone without micro-sd cards!
    But the problem is the manufacturers are going that way. LG will surely follow suit shortly as everybody moves across to the cloud and other ways of storing your data. I'd be happy if a 64gb model was reasonable but as you said it's often not

Thanks
    • crossy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • Intel 5830k / Noctua NH-D15
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850Pro NVMe, 1TB Samsung 850EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 2TB WD Green, 8TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix GTX970OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750 (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF932 (with wheels)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Ubuntu 16.04LTS
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flattron W2361V
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 200Mb

Quote Originally Posted by 3dcandy View Post
    But the problem is the manufacturers are going that way. LG will surely follow suit shortly as everybody moves across to the cloud and other ways of storing your data. I'd be happy if a 64gb model was reasonable but as you said it's often not
    Fine, in that case LG would have lost me as a potential customer for the G5. Cloud storage is fine IF you've got a large data allowance AND you can get a stable signal. Yes these dual USB drives can be useful as can wlan capable battery powered HDD crates, but neither is ideal.

Career status: still enjoying my new career in DevOps, but it's keeping me busy...

Thanks

I don't care how the phone looks. Most people put their phone is a case to avoid damage. give me functionality over beauty any day.

Thread Information