Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple iPad Pro outsold entire Surface line last quarter says IDC

Dark side super agent
    Thanks

Re: Apple iPad Pro outsold entire Surface line last quarter says IDC

Quote Originally Posted by AJMCURSE View Post
    P.S ... I would rather use a pentium 1 cpu, 64mb of RAM, attempt to cool the CPU with my own piss whilst it was running on Windows ME without any sort of antivirus using an un-formatted copy of Jimmy Savilles hard drive whilst living next to a Police Pervert Snatchers Unit.
    Why do you not like the MS Surface? Seems a fairly decent setup to me. It doesn't run iOS which is a major negative obviously but live and let live.
    An Atlantean Triumvirate, Ghosts of the Past, The Centre Cannot Hold
    The Pillars of Britain, Foundations of the Reich, Cracks in the Pillars.

My books are available here for Amazon Kindle. Feedback always welcome!

Thanks

[QUOTE=Bluecube;1922]
    Quote Originally Posted by AJMCURSE View Post

Why do you not like the MS Surface? Seems a fairly decent setup to me. It doesn't run iOS which is a major negative obviously but live and let live.
    Hi Blue,

That statement was not targeting the MS Surface Pro , i actually think the Surface is a great piece of kit(albeit slightly overcharged.

My "disagreement" is that Ipads, Iphones, Ipods ..... etc all have exactly the same software running on them and neither of them are beneficially different.

Yeah the hardware is better on the bigger / larger devices but they are all restricted to the "mobile" type operating system which was on the first touchscreen Ipod.

My personal opinion is that Apple should have used a full version of a production Apple Operating system to even be considered a full "tablet computer".

MS Surface (and alternatives) have full flavors of Windows (nowadays - excluding the early Windows 8 RT range), i just dont understand why people would pay so much for a product with a "basic phone/mp3 player compatible operating system" and Apple have the cheek to push the Ipad Pro out as a equal to a Tablet with a full pc operating system

Registered+
    Thanks

Where I'm working at the moment, they've got a few Surface Pro 3's. I'm not a massive fan of ipads or surfaces. But supply was an issue for two surface pro 3's. Ordered start of Nov, delivered beginning of Feb. Why they didn't just say "Okay. We'll wait for the 4 Pro". But the biggest complaint from a business side of things is the lack of built in 3G/4G. Mobile device that needs another device isn't a mobile device.

Registered+
    Thanks

Wow, a bit shocked at this news, but understandable. iPads are so engrained in everyday life that I'm sure people just buy the iPad pro without evening knowing about the surface and all it can do!

I remember before I got my surface pro, I was spending ages researching all the products out there, but after an awful way experience with Lenovo I finally bit the bullet and can't sing the praises of the surface line enough!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information