Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: QOTW: What do you make of Pokémon Go?

Thanks

Re: QOTW: What do you make of Pokémon Go?

I've been playing it and so is my wife (and son when his new sim card turns up!) We went out for a meal with friends on Sunday evening, and left the house early so we could go for a walk in a nearby park beforehand (as it's packed with Pokestops!), something which we wouldn't normally do. The park was a lot fuller than it would normally be, so it seems it's getting more people out walking, which can only be a good thing.

It seems that the locations of Pokestops and gyms are taken from the Ingress game, so you can check out likely locations on the Ingress web site. Apparently trading and battles with friends etc. is all on Niantic's plan going forward, hopefully after they've fixed the problems with the servers and Pokemon tracking.

Registered+
    Thanks

I've played several iterations of Pokemon on several platforms.
    I just can't get behind Pokemon Go, it feels too much like a watered down version of the real game, stripped bare of all the depth and the mechanics that made me interested in the game.
    Pokemon's entry barrier has always been the fact that you had to have a handheld console, which is not really common.
    From Nintendo's point of view it's a golden eggs goose, but for a veteran player looks like a commercial gimmick.

Thanks

Love it, harmless fun and as an aware, responsible adult, I am able to form my own opinions without the help of the Daily Mail and am careful to look where I am walking and when/where to slide my phone in to my pocket out of sight.
    Not so happy about a comment "I've actually seen people older than you playing it" and probably was a poor choice hunting for ghost pokemon walking through a churchyard latish last night - very unsavoury characters lurking in the shadows.
    Sorry, must off, gotta catch some more.

Registered+
    Thanks

Haven't played too much, but initial thoughts are that it could become quite additive.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread Information