Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AMD Gaming Evolved App abandoned, support ends

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: AMD Gaming Evolved App abandoned, support ends

I totally hated that crappy crashing spyware stuff anyway
    Especially that crap raptr .... pfff i have tried it a few times but man oh man it even got my whole system destroyed once. Had to fully install os and software again ... Brrrr ... never again.
    Just before i switched over to the green camp nvidia started releasing their crap and super buggy drivers.
    If you have a bery young product you hardly will have so much problems, but if you got a somewhat older model ..... brrr another fail. Now i force to only install the main driver and the rest i deselect, even thinking about killing the physx install and put the oldest i can find which will install on w10 x64 back.
    All the bloat-, and spyware stuff i really can do without. Why else you think it wants to be active all day long on your systems . Do you need them ... probable answer NO.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uBronan View Post
    I totally hated that crappy crashing spyware stuff anyway
    Especially that crap raptr .... pfff i have tried it a few times but man oh man it even got my whole system destroyed once. Had to fully install os and software again ... Brrrr ... never again.
    Just before i switched over to the green camp nvidia started releasing their crap and super buggy drivers.
    If you have a bery young product you hardly will have so much problems, but if you got a somewhat older model ..... brrr another fail. Now i force to only install the main driver and the rest i deselect, even thinking about killing the physx install and put the oldest i can find which will install on w10 x64 back.
    All the bloat-, and spyware stuff i really can do without. Why else you think it wants to be active all day long on your systems . Do you need them ... probable answer NO.
    Starting with ver 16.xx on up it no loner has raptr it has been removed
    Raptr is not a spyware if lean to do a custom install ho PS look at Nvidia and Gameworks LoL.
    PhysX is a Nvidia’s Tech that not something that AMD can add
    When has Nvidia ever made anything as open source ?.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    Lets hope nVidia follow suit and stop trying to install stuff I don't want.
    I gotta say, I've never had nVidia install anything I didn't want. I tell the installer what to install, and it only installs that.

Thanks

eh, kinda saw this coming. AMDs included software bundles are lackluster bloatware primarily. Very intrusive, doesn't so much of anything. This bloatware along with Raptr and AMD's latest drivers when IN installed the R9 370 in my media PC almost made me return the card because of how poorly everything ran. AMDs latest 5 drivers actually don't even have properly working HDMI audio drivers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information