Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 27

Thread: Heatbuff gamer hands heating system smashes Kickstarter goal

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    25,517
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1,371 times in 516 posts

    Heatbuff gamer hands heating system smashes Kickstarter goal

    Infrared heater warms you hands but not your keyboard or mouse plastics.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Jonj1611's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,689
    Thanks
    470
    Thanked
    216 times in 188 posts
    • Jonj1611's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z97-P
      • CPU:
      • I7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 250GB Samsung 840, 1 x 1TB, 1 x 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4GB EVGA GTX970 Super Superclocked
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 750W SuperNova G2
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Silent Base 800
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 27" IPS LED
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 200MB Gamer

    Re: Heatbuff gamer hands heating system smashes Kickstarter goal

    Errrr well guess April 1st is quite close
    Jon

  3. #3
    Senior Member Spreadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    an island in the south
    Posts
    1,150
    Thanks
    113
    Thanked
    166 times in 119 posts
    • Spreadie's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Z170
      • CPU:
      • 6700K
      • Memory:
      • 32GB
      • Storage:
      • 256GB NVMe, 500GB SSDs, 12TB NAS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 980 Ti
      • PSU:
      • 500W Gold
      • Case:
      • Custom Parvum S2
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 3007FPW-HC
      • Internet:
      • FTTC 38Mb/s

    Re: Heatbuff gamer hands heating system smashes Kickstarter goal

    Sadly, I know someone who would definitely buy this tat.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!


  4. #4
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    3 times in 3 posts

    Re: Heatbuff gamer hands heating system smashes Kickstarter goal

    "The reason your hands are so cold is because of the adrenaline"? WTF, are you serious?
    The hands gets cold for lack of blood flow, which is kind the opposite of "adrenaline".

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    3 times in 3 posts

    Re: Heatbuff gamer hands heating system smashes Kickstarter goal

    Quote Originally Posted by GinoLatino View Post
    "The reason your hands are so cold is because of the adrenaline"? WTF, are you serious?
    The hands gets cold for lack of blood flow, which is kind the opposite of "adrenaline".
    Sorry, you are wrong. Adrenaline causes vasoconstriction in peripheral blood vessels (hand/feet), and vasodilation in core blood vessels. This happens because of different receptors (alpha and beta). Consider animalistic and fight/flight scenarios wrt adrenaline... your main organs need more blood flow for intense action, but you need to be prepared for a hand or foot being cut off or bitten.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Merseyside
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    7 times in 6 posts
    • EvilCycle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO
      • CPU:
      • Intel I7 7700K (OC to 4.8GHz on Corsair H100i V2)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 evo 120GB SSD + 3 x 500GB 72000rpm HDD's
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX1070 AMP! EXTREME
      • PSU:
      • DEEPCOOL DQ 750st
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Airflow Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mb (Fibre Optic)

    Re: Heatbuff gamer hands heating system smashes Kickstarter goal

    Honestly I do suffer from getting cold hands when gaming on my PC even if the room is warm, regardless of the science behind why that happens maybe they really are on to something here, and I can't be the only one if so many people have backed it. I would definitely benefit from this if it works.

  7. #7
    chj
    chj is offline
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2 times in 2 posts

    Re: Heatbuff gamer hands heating system smashes Kickstarter goal

    There have been times where my hands have been cold and not as responsive with clicking so as sad as this sounds, I do see a benefit from it.

  8. #8
    RGB Champion Ttaskmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    2,432
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked
    202 times in 179 posts
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock X79 Extreme4-M
      • CPU:
      • i7 3930K o/c to 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer G&R
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte G1 GTX980Ti
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama ProLite E2773HS
      • Internet:
      • BT 0.7Mbps 'In The Sticks' version

    Re: Heatbuff gamer hands heating system smashes Kickstarter goal

    My house just gets cold, because all we have is expensive electric storage heating. My system has read 9ÂșC on the temp sensors quite often!
    I just put on coats and things, maybe slap a hot water bottle on my lap and do my best to carry on. If I'm lucky, I'll get a baby Labrador as a lapwarmer.

    This thing, even if it works, is pointless unless they do a version for HOTAS users anyway.

  9. #9
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    3 times in 3 posts

    Re: Heatbuff gamer hands heating system smashes Kickstarter goal

    Quote Originally Posted by EvilCycle View Post
    Honestly I do suffer from getting cold hands when gaming on my PC even if the room is warm, regardless of the science behind why that happens maybe they really are on to something here, and I can't be the only one if so many people have backed it. I would definitely benefit from this if it works.
    You just have to review your posture...for example if your hands are too much high than your elbows. Check your blood pressure.
    It is just a matter of blood circulation if the room temperature is ok.
    Last edited by GinoLatino; 20-03-2017 at 08:03 PM.

  10. #10
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    8 times in 5 posts

    Re: Heatbuff gamer hands heating system smashes Kickstarter goal

    Is it April 1st already????

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    3 times in 3 posts

    Re: Heatbuff gamer hands heating system smashes Kickstarter goal

    I think the main culprit is generally lack of overall motion, because you are sat relatively still for a prolonged period of time. Remember, movement generates heat and helps with peripheral blood flow.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Jonj1611's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,689
    Thanks
    470
    Thanked
    216 times in 188 posts
    • Jonj1611's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z97-P
      • CPU:
      • I7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 250GB Samsung 840, 1 x 1TB, 1 x 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4GB EVGA GTX970 Super Superclocked
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 750W SuperNova G2
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Silent Base 800
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 27" IPS LED
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 200MB Gamer

    Re: Heatbuff gamer hands heating system smashes Kickstarter goal

    Quote Originally Posted by chj View Post
    There have been times where my hands have been cold and not as responsive with clicking so as sad as this sounds, I do see a benefit from it.
    Indeed however if you look at the picture it just seems to cover the keyboard, so seems either/or, keyboard or mouse, doesn't look like it will do both. And that's also a pretty small keyboard to start with
    Jon

  13. #13
    chj
    chj is offline
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2 times in 2 posts

    Re: Heatbuff gamer hands heating system smashes Kickstarter goal

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonj1611 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chj View Post
    There have been times where my hands have been cold and not as responsive with clicking so as sad as this sounds, I do see a benefit from it.
    Indeed however if you look at the picture it just seems to cover the keyboard, so seems either/or, keyboard or mouse, doesn't look like it will do both. And that's also a pretty small keyboard to start with
    Good point! It would be hard to warm up the mouse hand and not get in the way.

  14. #14
    Admin Team peterb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    16,289
    Thanks
    1,995
    Thanked
    2,579 times in 2,068 posts
    • peterb's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Nascom 2
      • CPU:
      • Z80B
      • Memory:
      • 48K 8 bit memory on separate card
      • Storage:
      • Audio cassette tape - home built 5.25" floppy drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • text output (composite video)
      • PSU:
      • Home built
      • Case:
      • Home built
      • Operating System:
      • Nas-sys
      • Monitor(s):
      • 12" monocrome composite video input
      • Internet:
      • No networking capability on this machine

    Re: Heatbuff gamer hands heating system smashes Kickstarter goal

    I'm not sure what they mean by "infra-red short waves". Infra red is a longer wavelength than visible light.

    However, I have developed my own system for keeping my hands warm, I call them 'gloves'.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

  15. #15
    HEXUS.Squirrel Output's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,276
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    197 times in 163 posts
    • Output's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Biostar TA970
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-8350
      • Memory:
      • 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Patriot PVI38G186C9K
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte R9 270
      • PSU:
      • Corsair VX450
      • Case:
      • Xclio Touch 787
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell P2214H

    Re: Heatbuff gamer hands heating system smashes Kickstarter goal

    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    However, I have developed my own system for keeping my hands warm, I call them 'gloves'.
    They'll revolutionise the modern world!

  16. Received thanks from:

    peterb (21-03-2017)

  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,488
    Thanks
    113
    Thanked
    125 times in 87 posts

    Re: Heatbuff gamer hands heating system smashes Kickstarter goal

    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    I'm not sure what they mean by "infra-red short waves". Infra red is a longer wavelength than visible light.
    There's a range of infrared wave lengths from long to short.

    Having said that and double checked the article i think they may have their wavelength / effects backwards as they claim their using shortwave IR that won't char your keyboard or mouse but unless I'm mistaken that's exactly what SWIR would do, a bit like a glowing household heater, whereas LWIR would be more likely to warm our 80% water bodies while not effecting plastics.
    Last edited by Corky34; 21-03-2017 at 10:03 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •