Thread: Razer Blade 14-inch with 4K touchscreen now available (US)

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Razer Blade 14-inch with 4K touchscreen now available (US)

HEXUS reviewed the 1080p screen version back in March.
    Read more.

Thanks
    • Spreadie's system
      • Motherboard:
      • B350M Mortar Arctic
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen R5 1600
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DDR4 3200
      • Storage:
      • 256GB NVMe, 2x500GB SSDs, 8TB NAS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 980 Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 850W Gold
      • Case:
      • Custom Parvum S2
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer H277HU
      • Internet:
      • FTTC 38Mb/s

Re: Razer Blade 14-inch with 4K touchscreen now available (US)

4k, 14 inches and touchscreen strikes me as a bad combination. I seriously doubt the touchscreen feature will be useful from an operational POV. Surely it'll be like typing whilst wearing mittens?
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadie View Post
    4k, 14 inches and touchscreen strikes me as a bad combination. I seriously doubt the touchscreen feature will be useful from an operational POV. Surely it'll be like typing whilst wearing mittens?
    Touchscreen even on 14 inches is actually (and surprisingly) quite usable in Windows 10 although it does take time to get used to. 4K with a 1060 for any kind of gaming is mental. You'll have to drop the resolution for gaming at which point you have to ask what's the point? Maybe for 4K media it may be okay but I also suspect Windows' scaling just won't work properly with this kind of resolution at this size. Maybe they've fixed the issue but I suspect the combination is so niche that it won't work properly and useably all the time.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by philehidiot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spreadie View Post
    Touchscreen even on 14 inches is actually (and surprisingly) quite usable in Windows 10 although it does take time to get used to. 4K with a 1060 for any kind of gaming is mental. You'll have to drop the resolution for gaming at which point you have to ask what's the point? Maybe for 4K media it may be okay but I also suspect Windows' scaling just won't work properly with this kind of resolution at this size. Maybe they've fixed the issue but I suspect the combination is so niche that it won't work properly and useably all the time.
    at the very least, to use it with production, you have enough screen workspace... but ofc you might need a proper 20/20 vision 4K 14inch screen

Thread Information