following on from: http://forums.hexus.net/current-barg...delivered.html
we get an ickle review (i don't care if Hicks12 was joking ):
(and even if i do say so myself.. the pictures arn't that bad )
* Dual Lens: Features dual lens solution for advanced precision
* 1600 DPI High-definition optical technology: deliver 2-4 times sensitivity of standard optical mice. Experience smooth, precise tracking.
* DPI adjustable (800/1600 DPI): 2-level sensitivity switching
* Total-comfort design: Equipped with soft rubber grips and contoured shape to provide superior grasp during the longest gaming sessions.
* Super-smooth feet: Slide easily across almost any surface.
firstly, the bane of my existence, blister packaging
secondly, the first thing i noticed when i opened the blister packaging is that smell. A kind of smelly smell. The smelly smell that smells... smelly.
it really was a bit of a hum dinger
next comes the removal of teh packaging.. and comparing the size to my old A4tech X750-F:
a few views of the mouse:
now.. the rubber, it's grippy, but not over the top grippy... yagetmeh?
flip it onto it's back and have a gander at it's under carriage, here you can see the large teflon slidy paddy things (technical term):
and here it is next to a spoon for comparison
now.. the first thing i notice when i plug it in... is that it glides superbly.. it feels like it is floating on a cushion of air.
the DPI on-the-fly changing is nice (as it was on my a4tech) but it would be better with multiple options.
the side buttons are far enough away to not catch then automatically while still being within reach.
now.. it seems to fit quite well with my hand, so i derive that it is a mouse for larger hands...
overall, for the price it is a very good buy
so it receives a very solid 7/10