Thread: KFA2 GeForce GTX 960 EXOC

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

KFA2 GeForce GTX 960 EXOC

A GTX 960 geared for overclocking.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: KFA2 GeForce GTX 960 EXOC

It'd be nice to see the GTX 770 in these benchmarks, and if the 970's there you might as well throw in the 290

Registered+
    Thanks

looks good im due for a upgrade before GTA V comes out for PC

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CustardInc View Post
    It'd be nice to see the GTX 770 in these benchmarks, and if the 970's there you might as well throw in the 290
    This annoys me about reviews in general. The sort of people who are going to read these are those likely to be those upgrading/moving from an existing product, not only seeing what is best at a given time, so it would be nice to compare.

I myself have recently moved from a GTX 560 TI, but finding solid comparisons against the current gen from a reputable source was near impossible.

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of Intel CPUs from 2008 or so onwards, as I'm still on an i7 920 and see little reason to upgrade given the apparent lack of progress, so my only thought when reading CPU reviews is "is mine still competitive" rather than "wow, it rars files 10% faster than some other product which also has no relevance to me". Heck, I'm still on a Q6600 at work, and that feels relevant, but how much of a gain would I get moving to a Broadwell or Extreme model?

I appreciate it isn't always practical for reviewers to compare numerous iterations of a product, but a smattering of existing products in selective charts would be useful, as we could then compare them to reviews from their era.

Fus
    Thanks

Well said gav, I also don't see why they have to benchmark using an overclocked I7 and SSD.
    I suggest we do our own test to supplement Hexus tests.

I just ran the Tomb Raider bench on my i5 3570K, stock speed, 12Gb 1600mhz RAM and a failing (needs ironing every two weeks ) Asus GTX580 DCUII. (1.5Gb )
    Yes, the game runs off an SSD but anyhoo....

I get 48.5 min, 62.3 max and an average fps of 59.5, Ultra preset.

Based on that I see no reason to buy a new card unless the current one goes completely duff.

There is a huge con going on in the GPU / CPU world, clever words and pretty pictures used to entice people to dump perfectly good hardware and pay roughly the same amount again for a mediocre improvement.

Thread Information