Thread: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon

The ideal candidate for a sleek, all-black X99 build.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon

Imo WiFi should not be required on a gaming mobo. If someone needs it, he can still get a PCIe or USB device. But any actual "pro" gamer (real or self-proclaimed) will not use WiFi.

Thanks

Re: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon

I'll second the prior poster's comment on WiFi not being a necessity. It is a nicety for those that don't need it and for those that will, I seriously doubt that they will be building their own rig.

For me I loved the look and specs of this board up until I saw the RGB lighting. The images of the base board without the lighting looked perfect for a subdued build. I was thinking that finally there here was a board that didn't waste space, chips, weight, electricity (the list could go on) for lighting and kept it to the main necessities. Then I saw they through in a million colors. It is unfortunate. The shiny is not necessary if you can top the mark on performance. All of that extra unnecessary stuff also adds pointless cost in design, manufacturing and ultimately sticker price to the board. I'd wager $20-30 less without the lights all things considered.

Thread Information