HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8GB

The last hurrah of the RX 580.
    Read more.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8GB

What is the point of buying an RX580 card now when VEGA is round the corner? I don't understand why manufacturer bother right now, unless they need to get rid of their old stock first.... Does my forehead say MUG :-)

Team HEXUS.net
    Thanks

We don't really know how good or bad RX Vega will be, plus these Radeons still seem to be hot property on the cryptocurrency market.

Thanks

But RX 580 is in not in the same class as future Vega cards. This cards compares to GTX 1060 and has normally price at 200-250.
    Whoever buys this one , needs to know how it compares to GTX 1060. So it is pitty you didn't had one to include to your tests.

Also, it also important to include some older card, so that we can actually see if there is any reason to upgrade.
    I used to have Radeon 7950 1Ghz edition, but there was so little information how big upgrade are new generation of cards. Went for notebook with GTX 1070 as best compromise for what I need.
    Last edited by darcotech; 21-07-2017 at 11:46 AM.
    The more you live, less you die. More you play, more you die. Isn't it great.

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Vega is not an RX580 class card though - unless there is more than one Vega GPU,the only one we have seen so far is around the same size as the GP102 chip in the GTX1080TI. At the very least the cheapest variant we might see would GTX1070 level pricing at least and that is now generally closer to £400 in the UK.

The only reason the cards are so expensive is due to coin mining,if not this would be a sub £300 card.

Edit!!

I am not saying AMD won't have a sub £300 Vega based card but if its the same GPU as in the Vega FE I am not certain how much money they will making from it!!

Thanks

I meant "not in the same class as", didn't detect it even if I red two times before posting. Need vacation...

Quote Originally Posted by CAT-THE-FIFTH View Post
    Vega is not an RX580 class card though - unless there is more than one Vega GPU,the only one we have seen so far is around the same size as the GP102 chip in the GTX1080TI. At the very least the cheapest variant we might see would GTX1070 level pricing at least and that is now generally closer to £400 in the UK.

The only reason the cards are so expensive is due to coin mining,if not this would be a sub £300 card.

Edit!!

I am not saying AMD won't have a sub £300 Vega based card but if its the same GPU as in the Vega FE I am not certain how much money they will making from it!!

Previously known as Wozza365
    Thanks
    • Wozza63's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • FX 8150 @4.2GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Intel 120GB SSD, 4TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX R9 390
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX850
      • Case:
      • Akasa Venom Toxic
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer XG270HU + Iiyama E2473HDS x2

No matter what is coming out in just a few weeks, there is always someone not wanting to wait. Though as has generally been noted in this article, this would not be something to buy for gaming right now. Nvidia would actually provide much better value and you can actually get one new.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darcotech View Post
    But RX 580 is in not in the same class as future Vega cards. This cards compares to GTX 1060 and has normally price at 200-250.
    Whoever buys this one , needs to know how it compares to GTX 1060. So it is pitty you didn't had one to include to your tests.

Also, it also important to include some older card, so that we can actually see if there is any reason to upgrade.
    I used to have Radeon 7950 1Ghz edition, but there was so little information how big upgrade are new generation of cards. Went for notebook with GTX 1070 as best compromise for what I need.
    Hate tell you this but here in US they cost way more 300 as they been mark up no thanks to cryptocurrency GPU mining

Thanks

@SHSPVR

I know for markup. Its worldwide, not just US. But the FACT is this is 200-250 range card and as such should have been compared to 1060.
    Otherwise, we can also say in some games you put two of this cards and you beat high end gfs. But it have (very) limited use.

Thanks
    • Xlucine's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus TUF B450M-plus
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB @ 3.2 Gt/s
      • Storage:
      • Crucial P5 1TB (boot), Crucial MX500 1TB, Crucial MX100 512GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 980ti
      • PSU:
      • Fractal Design ION+ 560P
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • W10 pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic vx3211-2k-mhd, Dell P2414H

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza365 View Post
    No matter what is coming out in just a few weeks, there is always someone not wanting to wait. Though as has generally been noted in this article, this would not be something to buy for gaming right now. Nvidia would actually provide much better value and you can actually get one new.
    The 1060 pricing has gone mad with mining to a similar degree to the 580, so the value is pretty similar - the 580 is faster, and a little more expensive

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xlucine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozza365 View Post
    The 1060 pricing has gone mad with mining to a similar degree to the 580, so the value is pretty similar - the 580 is faster, and a little more expensive
    That so true

Thanks
    • jimbouk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock B450M-HDV R4.0
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16
      • Storage:
      • Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Core Gold GC-650
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC-V1100 ATX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC CU34G2/BK 34" Widescreen
      • Internet:
      • EE FTC

Quote Originally Posted by darcotech View Post

I was confused by this to. Why is the nearest NVidia card for comparison ~£500? Would be nice to have this compared against cards in the same price bracket and something last gen as mentioned. Otherwise the headline might just be £330 card slower than £500 card...

Thread Information