• Case:
      • Dell Inspiron 5570
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15" 1080p laptop panel

Re: AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 and Radeon RX Vega 56

Quote Originally Posted by Tarinder View Post
    ... Looking for clarification on this today. ...
    You're a star Tarinder. thanks

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo
    Lets try to make it clear before launch, AMD have said a LAUNCH PRICE of $399, what that means is they will give retailers a set quantity to sell at that price, when that quantity is gone the price will go up to whatever retailer deems is fair and makes them a profit.

Expect $399+TAX to convert to somewhere between £349-£399 with VAT and then don't be shocked if within one hour of launch the LAUNCH stock sells out and the price jumps to around £450+ area.
    That's the main purchaser for OcUK regarding Vega56- looks retailers will look at bumping at the price to GTX1080 levels. If they are thinking of doing that so are other retailers.

rainman

Quote Originally Posted by CAT-THE-FIFTH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo
    Lets try to make it clear before launch, AMD have said a LAUNCH PRICE of $399, what that means is they will give retailers a set quantity to sell at that price, when that quantity is gone the price will go up to whatever retailer deems is fair and makes them a profit.

Expect $399+TAX to convert to somewhere between £349-£399 with VAT and then don't be shocked if within one hour of launch the LAUNCH stock sells out and the price jumps to around £450+ area.
    That's the main purchaser for OcUK regarding Vega56- looks retailers will look at bumping at the price to GTX1080 levels. If they are thinking of doing that so are other retailers.
    Why would anyone buy a Veag56 if it's going to cost the same as a 1080? I'm gonna call BS and someone is clearly an AMD shill. It's a either you or Gibbo, and frankly I don't care because it won't affect my future buying decision one iota.

Thanks
    • scaryjim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Dell Inspiron
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 8250U
      • Memory:
      • 2x 4GB DDR4 2666
      • Storage:
      • 128GB M.2 SSD + 1TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon R5 230
      • PSU:
      • Battery/Dell brick
      • Case:
      • Dell Inspiron 5570
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15" 1080p laptop panel

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Why would anyone buy a Veag56 if it's going to cost the same as a 1080? ...
    No-one said anyone was going to buy one. They said that's what price they'll end up at. Doesn't mean anyone's going to buy them at that price, and if that's true then the price will come down again.

Don't see any shilling going on their either, tbh. Just some interesting inside information from someone who is well known and respected in the UK tech channel (Gibbo has worked for several of the best known UK tech retailers over the years).

5. Received thanks from:

Pleiades (15-08-2017)

rainman

The comments on this review are meaningless AMD fanboi noise. Nothing constructive at all. Time to move on folks whilst the rest of us grieve at the utterly disappointing news that AMD have failed to be sufficiently disruptive enough to keep this area of the market honest. £599 for a card which costs £100 more than a 1080, runs hotter, noisier and consumes more power. "The Emperors New Clothes" was a fairy tale, which I can choose not to believe if I wish - much like the incomprehensible defense of this product. The AMD fanbois and shills (and they are both in this thread, for sure) can claim it's freakin amazing as much as they like but AMD are costing us all. The tin-foil hat wearers out there could be forgiven for thinking that AMD and Nvidia are colluding in efforts to keep premium priced 3 year old Nvidia product in the market for as long as possible. No one worth their salt is celebrating this card, believe me.

Thanks
    • DanceswithUnix's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X470-PRO
      • CPU:
      • 5900X
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200MHz ECC
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Linux, 2TB Games (Win 10)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix RX Vega 56
      • PSU:
      • 650W Corsair TX
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Fedora 39 + Win 10 Pro 64 (yuk)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq XL2730Z 1440p + Iiyama 27" 1440p
      • Internet:
      • Zen 900Mb/900Mb (CityFibre FttP)

Why would anyone buy a Veag56 if it's going to cost the same as a 1080? I'm gonna call BS and someone is clearly an AMD shill. It's a either you or Gibbo, and frankly I don't care because it won't affect my future buying decision one iota.
    Doesn't make any sense to me either, yet looking online the Vega 64 prices are indeed stupidly high. But then I couldn't imagine buying a 1080 founder's edition either and yet know someone who bought a pair to SLI because they couldn't wait beyond release day. It seems there is more money sloshing around out there for graphics cards than I ever thought possible.

Can't really see how we can blame miners for this either, but then they still seem to be buying RX570 cards when GTX1070 seems a way better purchase for now and getting better as the Polaris hashrate falls off the DAG cliff:

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

The comments on this review are meaningless AMD fanboi noise. Nothing constructive at all. Time to move on folks whilst the rest of us grieve at the utterly disappointing news that AMD have failed to be sufficiently disruptive enough to keep this area of the market honest. £599 for a card which costs £100 more than a 1080, runs hotter, noisier and consumes more power. "The Emperors New Clothes" was a fairy tale, which I can choose not to believe if I wish - much like the incomprehensible defense of this product. The AMD fanbois and shills (and they are both in this thread, for sure) can claim it's freakin amazing as much as they like but AMD are costing us all. The tin-foil hat wearers out there could be forgiven for thinking that AMD and Nvidia are colluding in efforts to keep premium priced 3 year old Nvidia product in the market for as long as possible. No one worth their salt is celebrating this card, believe me.
    Oh please shut up - we get rubbish useless low post count posters like u all time who come out at every launch to troll and bait but don't contribute anything to anybody.

All you are is some insecure twit who sees justification in your own hardware purchases - considering how many people I have helped here in the last 11 years and in RL I have probably thrown more money the way of Nvidia then in your entire existence.

Edit!!

Also considering the Nvidia Focus Group and Rollo on this forum you have the audacity to start throwing those accusations around.

Since astroturfing is illegal in the UK can you give us some verification of what country you are located in? Even the owner of this site knows who I am in RL.

People here have met me so they know who I am - so who the hell are you? Some coward hiding behind the wall of the internet.
    Last edited by CAT-THE-FIFTH; 15-08-2017 at 01:55 PM.

9. Received thanks from:

chinf (17-08-2017),Iota (15-08-2017)

rainman

Quote Originally Posted by CAT-THE-FIFTH View Post
    Oh please shut up - we get rubbish useless low post count posters like u all time who come out at every launch to troll and bait but don't contribute anything to anybody.

All you are is some insecure twit who sees justification in your own hardware purchases - considering how many people I have helped here in the last 11 years and in RL I have probably thrown more money the way of Nvidia then in your entire existence.
    And exactly the anticipated response ... Thanks for not letting me down. Yep we're done here.

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

And exactly the anticipated response ... Thanks for not letting me down. Yep we're done here.
    Stop deflecting - you accused people of being shills twice,so again since you have nothing to hide you can tell the mods(or site admins):
    1.)Your real name
    2.)Your address
    3.)Your phone number
    4.)Furnish us with the names of at least two well regular posters on this forum who have met you in RL

Or are you going to act like a coward and hide behind the internet. You made the assertion NOT me,so prove it,and prove to the community who YOU are.

BTW,look what the owner of this website sent me late last year:
    http://forums.hexus.net/reader-revie...enchmarks.html

Yes,3 of my last 4 cards have been Nvidia. Oh wait,surely thats not right.

Thanks
    • DanceswithUnix's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X470-PRO
      • CPU:
      • 5900X
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200MHz ECC
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Linux, 2TB Games (Win 10)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix RX Vega 56
      • PSU:
      • 650W Corsair TX
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Fedora 39 + Win 10 Pro 64 (yuk)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq XL2730Z 1440p + Iiyama 27" 1440p
      • Internet:
      • Zen 900Mb/900Mb (CityFibre FttP)

Cat, chill out. Don't get personal, it isn't worth it even if you truly believe:

13. Received thanks from:

Biscuit (15-08-2017),CAT-THE-FIFTH (15-08-2017),Iota (15-08-2017),Kanoe (16-08-2017),Pleiades (15-08-2017),Saracen (15-08-2017),Tabbykatze (15-08-2017),Ttaskmaster (15-08-2017)

Thanks

AMD VEGA 10 is good for the server but bad for gaming. AMD was focused on the server side of things when designing the VEGA.

Thanks

how does Vega 56 make any sense when there are cards like the Zotac 1070 Mini coming out in the next week or so, priced way below either a standard 1070, or Vega 56 itself?

£329 for a cool running, overclockable (which these articles are really ignoring, most aib cards will nudge 2Ghz core stable)and fast card, compared to £550 for a hotter, more power hungry card that will be scarce, with a potential for slightly faster gaming performance.

I am extremely dissapointed in AMD. I was a dyed in the wool ATi/AMD user from an x800, through an X1600, x1950pro, HD2900pro, HD3850, HD4850, HD4890 all the way to a HD6870 - from my 770GTX onwards nVidia just offerred the better product, and AMD doesn't seem to take the market as seriously as their CPU arm is. I want competition. I don't want 'just enough'. I want cards like the 4870 again. This is AMDs Fermi days - they really need to move away from brute forcing.

Thanks

hmm. Don't know why my comment hasn't shown up, but to reiterate, why go Vega 56 when cards like the Zotac Mini 1070 are coming in at £329?

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Quote Originally Posted by DanceswithUnix View Post
    Cat, chill out. Don't get personal, it isn't worth it even if you truly believe:

He did it once I just let it slip,but since he feels the need to keep repeating it.

No its a frellin joke when we had to put up with chief Nvidia shill No1 of the Nvidia Focus Group,Rollo for months and months and months....and then Nvidia got accused in China of doing something similar a few years later.

If you even look at his posts he even says he is a "longtime Nvidia user". Its the same "longtime Nvidia users" who go into literally every thread on places like OcUK,AT,etc at every launch fake crying on AMD launches,even though you know very well they will never even touch an AMD card. These are the same kind of people who have admitted owning Nvidia FX and Fermi cards back in the day.

Then you had "longtime Nvidia users" bigging up and hyping up some of the AMD launches and then fake crying based on what they have hyped. Its the same type of people.

It happened during the Polaris launch - it was so blindingly obvious where it would land,but they made sure they pushed the hype train along,so they could flood forums with "its crap".

Has AMD anywhere said this would be a GTX1080TI competitor - even AdoredTV who "longterm Nvidia users" have accused of being a shill,FOR MONTHs said this would be GTX1080 performance as you could see it during the demos.

PCPER even said they couldn't see more than a 10% uplift over the FE,and they are reasonably knowledgeable.

You will notice in almost every Nvidia themed thread you will get far less of this,even when Nvidia has had problems.

Was there all this fake crying about the bumps problem. Nope.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Enough, already.

Cat, you've been here long enough to know not to call other members "insecure twit", and Rainman, there's no need to call others things like "shill" either.

It looks to me like this thead has run it's course, and BOTH sides need to accept that sometimes, others just don't see things how you do.

Now, if you can continue to try to convince with facts, logic, evidence etc, great, I'll leave it open.

But I already remind everybody that we have rules about insulting other members, and that when someone starts slinging insults the correct procedure is to RTM (Report to Mod) so we can deal with it, hopefully with a timely warning.

But if I descends into a slanging match, then fair warning, I tend to solve it by suspending everyone breaking our rules, not trying to work out who started what.

So please, stick to the arguments, not insults.

19. Received thanks from:

Pleiades (15-08-2017)

Thanks

Saracen walks into the burning room that is this thread in his weatherman outfit:

I dunno about anyone else, but although it wasn't quite the HALO product I was wanting it does open a really interesting precedent that Vega is actually a launchpad to a whole new way of engineering the GPUs with functions and features. But someone mentioned earlier in the thread that the number of cores and shaders increased over the Fury range does not equate to the same percentage increase in performance. So something is odd there, maybe there are things going on under the hood that us ground level peasants can't see yet. I'd like to think AMD learnt from overhyping things in the past but hey, I've been wrong before.

21. Received thanks from:

DanceswithUnix (17-08-2017),Pleiades (15-08-2017),Saracen (15-08-2017)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information