• Silverstone SG13 mitx
      • Operating System:
      • windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus 27" 1440p
      • Internet:
      • Comcast 75MB

Do you like your iphone?

Usually people jump ship from Apple to Android as iphone no doubt are very expensive but I must admit the screen sizes on android phone are going up and up and actually the 4" screen of an iphone 5 looks very appealing. I was looking at new nexus 5 and although a great price and am sure is a fantastic device 5" screen in my pocket sounds like it would be really bulky!
    Last edited by kalniel; 02-03-2021 at 11:41 AM. Reason: closing old thread

Thanks
    • GoodZE's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI 760GM-P23(FX)
      • CPU:
      • FX-6100 @4.5GHz with Corsair H80
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB SATA/160GB SATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX Radeon 7850 Ghost
      • PSU:
      • 600W dusty box of doom
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Praterion 731
      • Operating System:
      • Win7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LED Samsung Syncmaster A350
      • Internet:
      • BEAST:)

Re: Do you like your iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by rob4001 View Post
    Usually people jump ship from Apple to Android as iphone no doubt are very expensive but I must admit the screen sizes on android phone are going up and up and actually the 4" screen of an iphone 5 looks very appealing. I was looking at new nexus 5 and although a great price and am sure is a fantastic device 5" screen in my pocket sounds like it would be really bulky!
    I thought this at first before I got my 4.8" galaxy s3 but once you get used to it you wont wanna go to a smaller screen again!

Supermarket Generic Brand AETAaAS's Avatar
    Thanks
    • AETAaAS's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Gaming Plus
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 2600
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Vengeance 3000
      • Storage:
      • Intel 660p 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 1080TI SC2
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus 850W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP Envy 32
      • Internet:
      • 17mbps

Have to agree with GoodZE. My phones have only been getting bigger. I8000 Omnia II (3.7 inches) > I9000 Galaxy S (4 inches) > N7000 Note (5.3 inches) > Xperia Z Ultra (6.4 inches). You get used to the size quickly. Going back however, you think; "My last phone was tiny". Quite a realization when I held my Galaxy Note and thought "this is kinda small now".

I've said before, larger screen make almost everything about the experience better. It makes watching videos, viewing/editing documents, playing games, browsing the web and so on just that little bit more pleasant. Go to a store and try some phones out and pick the biggest you are happy with.

If you are dead set on a smaller phone, the beauty of Android is that there are dozens if not hundreds or thousands to choose from.

Thanks
    • Stringent's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DQ57TM
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 760
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA Geforce 260GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Centurion
      • Operating System:
      • Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Iiyama 24"
      • Internet:
      • Patchy

Different phones for different requirements. I like my 5S and the slight size increase from my 4S. If I need something bigger, I pull out my iPad. I don't like a huge thing in my pocket. We seem to be going full circle with phones. First they were huge bricks then they shrank, now they are going big again.

If you are not tied to a particular ecosystem then by all means give Android a go. I would recommend the Nexus 5 as Googles reference phones get the Android updates before the branded ones. The likes of Samsung and HTC are lovely phones too. Just too much bloatware on them which can't be uninstalled easily. If you like tinkering though, go for it.

Registered+
    Thanks

I'm more than happy with my 5s. If I want a larger screen, I have an iPad or a 24" iMac to use! I think the bigger phones do have their place but I have best of both worlds by having multiple devices.

Registered+
    Thanks

Love my iPhone 5 and it's always a great relief coming back to it after using something else for a while. The phone that's come the very closest to the iPhone so for in my experience is the Nexus 5. However, there's still a bit of functionality missing from Android that I really need (taking voice commands from the lock screen for instance). Android is nearly there, just not quite yet.

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

No,since I don't own one??

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre

Well I have just jumped ship to a Nexus 5 from an iPhone 4 on my personal phone, but still have an iPhone 5 for work...and in short, no I don't like my iPhone.

They had it spot on with the 4/4S. High quality, great looks, such a "solid" well built feel..really great phone. Then it started going downhill. I don't get on with my iPhone 5. It's far too light, doesn't have the same "quality" feel, scratches by touching it, has a really odd resolution/profile...it's just nothing special. The 5S is identical in every way that matters, and the 5C well, that's got to be the worst mainstream product Apple has put out there in the past 12 years.

With the nexus 5 I am enjoying it because it's different - but it's not much better. Wireless charging is exciting for all of 5 minutes but other than that, it's just a phone with some different software that solves one or two issues iOS had but introduces a load of it's own problems. Just as with iOS, I don't accept the whole "oh but you can uninstall this and the install this hack, loose those features but gain the one you want" argument).

I have come to the conclusion that currently we don't have a "perfect" phone - for me it would be a device that offers a pure hybrid of Android and iOS OS and devices

Glass front/back mixed with uni-body style metal, around a 4.5" 1080p screen, minimum 24 hour battery (ideally more but hey lets be realistic), decent camera, 16gb memory, suitable specs (since they are actually irrelevant, in a phone I just want a CPU and enough RAM to run apps quickly), QI Charging, fingerprint scanner..thats all you'd need.

Then software wise I would want an OS that does everything I really need out of the box with no hacking needed - deep integration with Cloud (Apple does this, Google does not), customisable widget based homescreen (Google does this, Apple does not), full reaching notifications out of the box (Apple does this, Google fails by not allowing notification counters!), VPN support, and multiple App stores that include high quality vetting of apps (Neither does this adequately).

Then you have a phone I really want.

As it is, I think the Nexus 5 is probably the best value device out there until Manufactures can innovate a little and give us something new/different/worth spending £500+ on. As it stands, I think now is the perfect time for long term Apple users (like me) to dip their toe in the water with Android since you can get a top spec phone for £295 brand new (the nexus 4 at £200 is still a compelling purchase!) - at half the cost of an iPhone it's not too much of a risk to take, especially as I have just sold my iPhone 4 (not a 4S!) for £100.

Registered+
    Thanks

I've got iphone 5, I was looking at android before but screens looked too big for me and had always crossed out the earlier iPhones as the screen was so small!
    Got to admit, I love my iphone, things just work and the screen is just big enough without being too big in my pocket!
    Only downsides are price, and the fact it's run and made by apple... So constrictive on the programmes and apps you can use and iphone with.
    Still, benefits outweigh the downsides for me

Registered+
    Thanks

Before i went for the Nexus 5, i had a iphone 4 and the only reason i had it for was status rather than functions. That was my biggest regret after moving to android there was so many more options which ios couldn't provide, and i doubt il ever go back to the iphone.

Registered+
    Thanks

I think it is what you are used too.

If you are used to apple interface then many people seem to have the iphones. I found them way to expensive so went with HTC for the android OS but I am a windows PC user. I hated windows mobile OS.

Thanks

yes i like my iphone...mine is iphone4 and looking forward for iphone6

Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Thanks
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre

iPhone 5 (works phone) and absolutely hate it.

Just trying to click the play button on a voice message is infuriating. The screen is way too small and the interface is to limiting.
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Dell Precision 5510 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: Huawei P30 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM14 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

Spreadie

Still using an iPhone 4 here and, to be honest, I'm getting a bit pigged off with it. I've always liked iPhones, but I'd prefer a bigger screen than what is on offer. Previously, I disliked Android phones because the OS was just too clumsy for my liking. However, I think the more recent 4.xx OS releases offer a marked improvement, and are now appealing to me.

Thanks

iphone 5 is the best screen size compared to other phones. It has great user experience.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

I don't have an iphone to like or dislike, but I don't see any reason, or chance, of me EVER spending that on a phone, iphone or not.

If others want one, and are prepared to pay it, fine, it's your money. Nothing wrong with that. I won't, though, at that price or anything like it.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information