• AMD Ryzen 5 3600 + Noctua NH-U12A Cooler
      • Memory:
      • 32GB (4X8GB) Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3600 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 NVME SSD + 3TB Toshiba P300 SATA HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8GB AMD Radeon RX 5700 - PowerColor Red Dragon
      • PSU:
      • 750W Riotoro Enigma G2 Modular PSU (Seasonic Focus Plus Gold)
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Eclipse P400A
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" LG UltraGear 27GL850-B - 144Hz 1440P Nano IPS
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 76Mb

Corsair K40 LED issue...

I received my Corsair Raptor K40 keyboard form Scan today and already the multimedia button LEDs have died. (they starting flickering and then went out). Is this a common issue at all? I might have to drive to Scan as I can't wait through the RMA procedure without a keyboard... if it's a known issue then I might buy a different model.

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

Re: Corsair K40 LED issue...

Sorry to hear that. But no, that's not a known issue at all. It must have been a faulty LED from the get go. I don't know how far you are from Scan, so I'm not sure that's convenient just to get a replacement. We do have our own RMA replacement process as another option in case you're wondering. We can offer Express RMA where we send out the replacement first before you send the faulty unit back to so that you can avoid downtime.

Thanks
    • PowerPie5000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI MPG B550 Gaming Carbon WiFi
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600 + Noctua NH-U12A Cooler
      • Memory:
      • 32GB (4X8GB) Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3600 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 NVME SSD + 3TB Toshiba P300 SATA HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8GB AMD Radeon RX 5700 - PowerColor Red Dragon
      • PSU:
      • 750W Riotoro Enigma G2 Modular PSU (Seasonic Focus Plus Gold)
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Eclipse P400A
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" LG UltraGear 27GL850-B - 144Hz 1440P Nano IPS
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk Fibre 76Mb

I decided to drive to Scan and ended up buying one of the "Corsair certified refurbished" K70 RGB keyboards. The first one had a crack in the base so I had to drive all the way back to Scan again (around 40 minutes there depending on traffic)... I then had the replacement checked out before I left Scan and everything was all good. I can't fault their service at all as it was perfect! .

Setting up the software wasn't 100% problem free as it kept asking me to update the firmware which got stuck at 3% a couple of times (causing the keyboard to freeze!). It finally managed to complete the update on the third go, although I'm not sure what changed to make it work? Other than that the software is great and pretty straight forward to use. The RGB lighting options and effects are brilliant!

One thing though... Is it normal for the numbers along the top of the keyboard to be dim? All the symbols above the numbers on the same keys are lit up perfectly, but the numbers are not (which are placed on the bottom of the keys). I've actually found that any key with more than one character or symbol will be partly dim (always the character, number or symbol on the bottom half of the key). Is this normal?

Cheers

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

Glad to hear that you were able to sort it out through Scan.. Yes, I heard a lot of good things about their service, it's second to none

Thanks for the feedback on the CUE software. Though I'm not quite sure why the FW update did multiple attempt before it went through, that's a little odd.

About those numbers that are a bit dim, yes you are right, they are not lit the same as the ones above. If you pull out the keys, you'll notice that the LEDs are placed on top of the switch, hence the symbols on top are lit better vs the numbers below. If you look at the keys that have one symbol or letter, they are placed towards the upper part of the key for better illumination.

Thread Information