I did ask about this in my proposed build thread but received no replies.
I've now purchased a 3570K processor, i'm on the verge of purchasing the motherboard but would appreciate some advice.
I was initially going to go with an ASUS A8VZ77-V Pro; however the cost and their reputation for customer service is putting me off.
What i'm looking for in a motherboard:
- 2 PCI slots
- Decent overclocking support
- Good onboard fan controllers
- Lucid MVP
- Decent onboard sound but can also simultaneously support a discrete sound card.
- Decent onboard video support (I know that the GPU is in the processor - I need it to output to dual monitors (preferably triple)), I do intend to get a decent GPU later when prices come down (I rarely game these days)
- ATX Size
- Reasonable number of USB3 connectors
- Intel gigabit lan controller
I think i've pretty much covered what I want.
I would appreciate any suggestions.
For info, I intend to put it in a Fractal Design R4.