Thread: How durable/hardy is the Asus z170 a?

Thanks

How durable/hardy is the Asus z170 a?

I was delivered a package containing my motherboard, and both the outside box and the inside one - containing the motherboard - was damaged! The box itself came layered in protection, so I'm wondering what happened/ how hard the impact must have been to still cause damage to the box
    (May I add that the courier was Yodel? )

I'm in touch with the seller's customer service, and they are offering a replacement/refund/wait till I can test it out... But realistically, if there was some damage, how long would it be till it manifested? Should I just return it now and get my refund, and then buy it from Scan which uses a better delivery service?

They want a response pretty sharpish, so any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

Re: How durable/hardy is the Asus z170 a?

Update: Well, I made the decision to send the motherboard back. I've had some bad experiences with Yodel, and my being a first time builder as well means that I'm a bit nervy/jittery about damaged components
    This time, I'm going to play it safe!

Thanks
    • spolsh's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Crosshair VI
      • CPU:
      • R7 1700
      • Memory:
      • Team Froup DDR4

I'd send it straight back if it looks battered enough to have had an impact on the board. Why risk other components at this stage ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spolsh View Post
    I'd send it straight back if it looks battered enough to have had an impact on the board. Why risk other components at this stage ?
    I mean, to the seller's credit they did bulk the box it came in pretty well, so the board should have been protected.

It was just one corner that looked a bit duffed up, and I thought "If it managed to get a bit banged up with all this protection, how the heck were they treating this package?!" Plus… it's Yodel, so anxiety got the best of me
    It's definitely not worth me stressing over it, so I'll just be getting it off Scan now

Thread Information