Thread: AC Ryan ACR-PV73100 PlayON! HD Media Player

Thanks

AC Ryan ACR-PV73100 PlayON! HD Media Player

Well, I finally bought a 1TB PlayON!HD, and seems to do everything I want of a media player. Well it will do everything. I’ve got to tell you, some head-scratching is needed, and much looking-around-for-answers. But then, I’m a Techie – I’m not an RTFM sorta guy (which is a good thing!), but I’m willing to do a bit of work in order to get the results that I want. Because...

There are plenty of folks who will assuming that after plugging the POHD in, they’ll be streaming away happily – no no no. Not gonna happen. You see, if you try to follow the manual you’re gonna fail straight away. The manual describes features in the shipped firmware that don’t work, ie. Streaming YouTube videos onto your telly – doesn’t work. Trying to follow the interface doesn’t help, sometimes showing a button on the remote control , which...argh! I haven’t got one of those buttons!
    Ah, yes – the remote control. The centre of the unit has a circle with a middle ‘OK’ button –a standard interface for navigation around. But – eh? At the bottom of the remote there’s a ‘select’ button, and a ‘confirm’! Will 1 button not do this job? Near the top of the remote there’s a ‘copy’ button, but you navigate through the POHD interface to find the feature for copy files to/from the internal HD/memory card etc.; why the ‘copy’ button?

Of course, I recommend you upgrade the firmware as soon as you can, but of course the manual then becomes mostly redundant because a lot of features have moved/don’t work/have been in newer version. Nice. Oh yes, the POHD is built on Linux, so while you’ll told that Samba is part of the device, nobody tells you want Samba! Windows users well have to grow familiar with the naming of programs, devices etc.

So I know that looks like I’m putting everybody off the idea of getting a ACR-PV73100 PlayON! HD Media Player, but I’m not – quite happy with mine, really. I just wanted to let me people know (as I didn’t) then you can’t just plug it in and expect to do everything from day 1.
    This hot girl came over to myspace last night, she twittered my yahoo till I
    googled all over her facebook. Ask Jeeves...

System 1: Intel i5-2500k OC STABLE @5.05ghz with a ThermaTake Frio (air power!), 8Gb 1600 (9-9-9-24) R3 Patriot G2 RAM, nVidia GTX980TI ;
    System 2: HP N40L Microserver;
    System 3: MSI 'Ghost Pro' laptop - 16Gb DDR4 RAM, nVidia 970M, i7-6700, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD
    System 4: Samsung TAB S 10.1

Thanks

Re: AC Ryan ACR-PV73100 PlayON! HD Media Player

Hi Deadlight,

I have also recently purchased acryan playon!hd player (ACR-PV73100P+). You are right in saying that we cannot just plug in the player and expect to use it network and streaming capabilities right away.
    Disadvantage for me is that I am not techie like you. So, the problem you are referring to, I am facing it now.

well, can you help be out, as to how I can get best from this player, apart from playing movies from HDD.
    I want to stream contents from internet (from sites like megavideo, youtube etc.), maybe surf the net and also wirelessly stream contents from my windowsxp desktop to TV using player.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated. ( is there any site dedicated site for acryan player, from where I can get custom/hacked firmwares, and other applications and easy to understand 'how to guides'?

Thanks

Thanks

Re: AC Ryan ACR-PV73100 PlayON! HD Media Player

The official site is http://www.playonhd.com/en/ - a lot of what you want is there.
    This hot girl came over to myspace last night, she twittered my yahoo till I
    googled all over her facebook. Ask Jeeves...

System 1: Intel i5-2500k OC STABLE @5.05ghz with a ThermaTake Frio (air power!), 8Gb 1600 (9-9-9-24) R3 Patriot G2 RAM, nVidia GTX980TI ;
    System 2: HP N40L Microserver;
    System 3: MSI 'Ghost Pro' laptop - 16Gb DDR4 RAM, nVidia 970M, i7-6700, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD
    System 4: Samsung TAB S 10.1

Thread Information