Thread: Dune HD Smart D1+ optical bay any views ?

Thanks

Dune HD Smart D1+ optical bay any views ?

Hi all,

Scan have got the Dune range of media players listed as pre order. I've not heard of the make before and I wondered if anyone had managed to get their hands on one yet to give me an idea of build quality etc ?
    Or just a link to some reviews failing that ?

Cheers

Thanks

Re: Dune HD Smart D1+ optical bay any views ?

Quote Originally Posted by jonros View Post
    Hi all,

Scan have got the Dune range of media players listed as pre order. I've not heard of the make before and I wondered if anyone had managed to get their hands on one yet to give me an idea of build quality etc ?
    Or just a link to some reviews failing that ?

Cheers
    Hello mate,

I bought a DUNE HD Smart D1 and the HE add-on module this week. I've been searching around for ages, trying to decide on the DUNE HD or Popcorn Hour.

Build quality is great, so you have nothing to worry about there. I've put a 2TB WD Caviar Green (5400rpm) in the main unit, which is whisper quiet. I've got a 3TB Hitachi 7200rpm, which is louder, so I may change it when HD prices come back down.

All in all, I'm really pleased with it. Play's all my Blu-Ray MKV's perfectly!

I downloaded Zappiti and myMovies digital jukeboxes, which I am trying out now.

Recommend the DUNE HD to anyone.

Cheers,

PS. I didn't go for the Blu-Ray version, simply because I have a dedicated Panasonic player, plus I have Blu-Ray drives in my PC & MAC. I can always add the Blu-ray module int he future, which is the joy of the Smart Range. Also, I got the main D1 from Amazon and the add-on module from Scan - both perfect. (except they come with a euro plug, instead of the UK 3-pin power lead.)
    Last edited by 5Pencer!; 10-02-2012 at 12:24 PM. Reason: More info

Thread Information