• EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V3000 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Win11
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte M32U
      • Internet:
      • 900Mbps Gigaclear WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Re: BT FTTC Dates Slipping?

Openreach showing my cabinet enabled for FTTC and accepting orders... but BT won't accept.

Still stuck on 0.5Mbps...!!!

Thanks
    • probedb's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8P67 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 2500K
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb Corsair
      • Storage:
      • OCZ Vertex 3 240GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire 7850OC 2GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 600W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define R3
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Pro 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell P2414H x 2
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet, currently 6MBps

My exchange has been enabled for ages but the cabinet has been at the coming soon but for over a year now. Thankfully I should be moving to an enabled area soon

HEXUS.social member
    Thanks

Update:

Got a call from someone at Openreach at the start of last week saying that the upgrade in the area had been completed on my property and that I should be able to order by the end of next week.

Checked the wholesale website on Friday and I was listed correctly but BT's site still said it wasn't available.

Called this evening and got put through to a nice lady who said the line had been tested and I could get 300Mbs! However, at £50/month it seemed like an overkill, so decided to get the "standard" 80Mbs. Engineer is booked for a couple of weeks time.

Thanks

Like others, exchange enabled but the cabinet near me is "Under Review", though surrounding areas are all enabled. :/
    Jon

HEXUS.social member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrard View Post
    Update:

Got a call from someone at Openreach at the start of last week saying that the upgrade in the area had been completed on my property and that I should be able to order by the end of next week.

Checked the wholesale website on Friday and I was listed correctly but BT's site still said it wasn't available.

Called this evening and got put through to a nice lady who said the line had been tested and I could get 300Mbs! However, at £50/month it seemed like an overkill, so decided to get the "standard" 80Mbs. Engineer is booked for a couple of weeks time.
    Well, looks like I spoke too soon. I might now have fibre in my property, but trying get someone to come out and connect it is becoming a bloody joke! For information, installation comes in 2 phases. Phase 1 is actually getting the fibre to your property and Phase 2 is the normal engineer appointment to get it hooked up.

When I ordered, they said that you don't need to be in to do Phase 1 as it is normally done outside the property. As such, I was not told when they would do this, only it would be before the Phase 2 appointment. I had to fly out to the US for work before my appointment and when I landed, I was met by a couple of answer phone messages saying they actually need access to my property to do this and was I available. To be fair, it was not Openreach's fault but just the way my house was built with the duct inside. However, if I knew the date, I might have suggested moving it forward a day to when I would have been available. Anyway, I manage to rearrange it for when I got back (thanks to a 5am (local time) call on a Sunday!) which was two days before my Phase 2 appointment. That went ahead on schedule with no problems and the HomeHub even turned up whilst he was installing it.

Roll on to my Phase 2 appointment, and at about 3pm I decided to chase BT. After 20 minutes on hold (0800 number, so not so much a problem), I get through and they tell me that because the Phase 1 installation had been delayed, Openreach had rearranged the appointment but decided to to tell anyone about it. The woman on the phone sounded fustrated about this and said it was common issue with the system between Openreach and the ISP's. The new appointment was for the following week but I was away with work again; travelling with your job is all well and good, but an absolute pain when you live on your own and you are trying to sort admin stuff like this out! She said she would rearrange it for the week after that but was having trouble with the appointment system. After another 20 minutes on the phone she said to take it as done unless she called otherwise.

So whilst I was away, I get a call from a BT engineer saying he was coming to hook my fibre on the original rearranged date that I had already stated I wasn't available for. So I tell him that isn't going to happen and phone BT again. Apparently, the guy could see that a request for the new date had been requested, but Openreach had rejected it, and again, told no-one. So I rearrange yet again for today (travelling again meant I wasn't available until today).

Since I didn't get a call from an engineer this morning, I decided to chase it up. Turns out the appointment didn't get sent to the engineers! Apparently it was another known issue with a couple of their systems... It is now being handled by Opereach directly and to expect a call from an engineer either Friday or Monday to rearrange the appointment directly. Not sure what sort of lead time I will get, but looks like it is going to take at least 7 weeks from my original order to actually getting it. I am thinking about cancelling and going with someone else, but it still involves Openreach at some point and the BT Mobile £5/month thing actually looks a good deal for me. I'll see how it goes next week and take my chances.

I have wasted two days off work and it doesn't look like I'd get much in compensation. Pity, I am sure if it was more (like someone's daily wage), it would quickly become cost effective for Openreach to sort out their system!

/rant

Fetchez la vache!
    Thanks
    • dannyboy75's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus TUF Gaming B550 Plus
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5800X
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200MHz
      • Storage:
      • Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 500GB, Samsung 840 SSD 500Gb, WD 1TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 3080 Founders Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM850x
      • Case:
      • Falcon GameMax
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG27AQ G-Sync 165 Hz IPS
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 200/20 FTTP

I work for a construction company and we often have major headaches trying to get BT to install new lines into the sites.

The problem with BT isn't so much that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand's doing - it's more that the left hand doesn't even know that there's a right hand in the first place.

Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Thanks
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre

Damn you, 300Mbps means that you can get FTTP! You leapfrogged an entire technology.
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Dell Precision 5510 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: Huawei P30 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM14 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

Registered+
    Thanks

Update:

I'd spend £50/month! FTTC gives me only 17Mbps because of the ~1.2km length of copper.

HEXUS.social member
    Thanks

Really can't see the point of 300Mbit/s for my use; I'm not hosting any servers and at that speed, I would more than likely be held up by the other end.

Not that it matters at the moment as Openreach never called back (no surprise) and after 40 minutes on hold with BT, they told me the order had been cancelled out at Openreach's end and they had raised a "bridge reqeust" or something. However, the final solution was to cancel the whole order down and to try again. BT said they'll be in contact Thursday to sort out a new order. Since I already have the Phase 1 done, I can see that maybe being a headache; hopefully the system is configured to accept Phase 2 installation only (it should be logically...).

Thanks
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Aorus Master X670E
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7800X3D
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR5 6000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Aorus Master 4090
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V3000 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Win11
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte M32U
      • Internet:
      • 900Mbps Gigaclear WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbandit View Post
    FTTC gives me only 17Mbps because of the ~1.2km length of copper.
    Oh no. How do you cope...?

11. Received thanks from:

Greenbandit (20-04-2015)

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ttaskmaster View Post
    Oh no. How do you cope...?
    1, Type in URL. 2, Go and bottle feed my twin baby boys. 3, Come back & page has loaded.

Simples!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information