Thread: isdn to adsl what number ?

Thanks

isdn to adsl what number ?

Hi guys my exchange will be enabled on the 5th of november
    at the moment i have home highway as you know i have 3 phone numbers when i do an Availability checker for my line i get this

For Telephone Number ********** on Exchange BALLYMONEY

Good news - Your exchange will have broadband ADSL by 5th November 2003.

Our initial test on your line suggests that you may be able to have a broadband ADSL service that provides up to 512Kbps download speed, but the upstream bandwidth will vary according to the length of your telephone line. It will not be possible to provide the 1Mbps or 2Mbps broadband ADSL services.

If you decide to place an order, a further test will be performed to confirm if your line is suitable, and if so for what speed of service.
    when i do an Availability checker for my other 2 numbers i get this

For Telephone Number ******** on Exchange BALLYMONEY

Good news - Your exchange will have broadband ADSL by 5th November 2003, and our initial test indicates that it should be possible to provide broadband ADSL on this telephone line.

Our initial test on your line suggests that you should be able to have a broadband ADSL service that provides up to 2Mbps download speed.

If you decide to place an order, a further test will be performed to confirm if your line is suitable, and if so for what speed of service.

Thank you for your interest

one number tells me that i the upstream bandwidth will vary according to the length of your telephone line It will not be possible to provide the 1Mbps or 2Mbps broadband

and the other 2 numbers tell me that i should be able to have a broadband ADSL service that provides up to 2Mbps

whats my next step when my exchange goes live should i use one of the other numbers to try for dsl ?

Thanks
    i would try the line that allows the 2mb/s connection. basically you cannot have a service faster than 512kb/s if the tested line length exceeded 3.5km
    the line check doesn't actually measure the line length but the resistance and capacitance of the line. and from that information it guesses how long the line is.
    the equipment connected to the line can affect the measured length which could account for the difference in the services offered.

Thread Information