Following some discussions in the folding thread, I am starting to look at fully watercooling my rig but have an issue with space inside my case.
Current setup :
Specs are on the left but generally it is an I7 2600k at 4.5Ghz (1.335v) with 2 x 6870.
Current temps are (and these are with the room temps are 20 degrees or below)
Gaming (Playing BF2BC):
CPU processing ( Running a film encoding program):
As you can see, all of the hard drive caddies are full so I am struggling to fit a decent sized rad and the rest of the watercooling equipment inside the case and am looking for some ideas if anyone has them.
My current thought is to build something like this guy (http://www.bramleys.org/radbox/) and using an external radbox to house everything apart from the blocks. Only different thing I would do is run an additional psu inside the radbox to power everything.
Equipment list so far is
- 2 x EK CoolStream XT 360mm Triple Radiator
- 15 x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm Case Fan (12 for the rads in push/pull and 3 as extractors for the radbox
- 2 x Laing DDC-1T Pro Pump 440 L/hr with XSPC V3 Acetal Top
- 1 x EK Multioption Reservoir Res X2 250 Basic
- 1 x NZXT Sentry LX Fan Controller
- 1 x Koolance High Flow Quick Release Barb Male Fitting for 6mm ID Tubing with bulkhead thread : VL2-M10B-P
- 1 x Koolance High Flow Quick Release Barb Female Fitting for 6mm ID Tubing : VL2-F10B-P
- 1 x EK Supreme HF Easy Mount CPU (Copper Acetal)
- 2 x Koolance VID-AR687 Full Cover Waterblock for the ATI 6870
- 1 x Bitspower SLI / CrossFire Crystal Link Tube Set for 3 Slot Spacing
- 2 x Bitspower SLI / CrossFire Multi Link Adapter
Haven't worked out tubing or fittings options (this lot took a long enough) but it will have 2 drain ports (1 per case).
So any thoughts/ equipment changes/ comments that I should just leave it alone....