Thread: Eclipse 62 - Fan configuration & HDD Cage

Thanks

Eclipse 62 - Fan configuration & HDD Cage

I'm currenlty using 1 x 120mm Akasa Amber front and same for rear.

Now the upper HDD cage is currently not in use so I took it out and have fitted a internal 120mm Akasa Amber via a Zalman fan bracket cooling the upper right motherboard area.

Now it seem that I will have to install the HDD cage so that I'm able to install more than my current 5 x HDD.

Im now worried that thoose HDD wont have any cool air flow over them.

So.....

I was wondering if it would be a positive thing to add two 120mm ambers to the window for extra cooling?

One in both the X areas

Top X is cooling 2-3 HDD plus some of the Frezzer 64 HSF, where as the bottom X is cooling the Northbridge and a little of thr GFX.

Mostly worried about upsetting the air flow, but I'm pretty sure that it's going to have a positive effect, more so seeing as the fact that side of the case in winter gets some very cold air

All my fans are controlled for noise, but the Ambers really aren't a noise worry.
    Last edited by Randell Floyd; 26-08-2005 at 06:27 PM.

Thanks
    Hey mate, i got the exact same case and i know what you mean! What kind of hard drive set up have you got then? Either you're using a hell of a lot of small size hd's or you need terabytes of storage!!

I think the pic is just for reference, but i would think it is better to add the fans using the non window side panel, the perspex is harder to work with and weaker. (i used a 120mm hole saw for adding a 120mm rad to the top of the case, really easy i recommend one [Mine is up for sale! ])

If you add the two fans then there will be three intake and 1 out, unless you run the out at full and the others low there may be a problem with the air flow?

I used to have 2 hd's in that top rack and after the pc was on for like a few days non stop they weren't any hotter than when they are in front of the fan.

If you do have low capacity drives, maybe you should take in how much an upgrade will cost. To do this mod, you'll need the tools, a tenner, 2 x 120mm fans £20, grills £2, if you sell your lower capacity hd's on ebay you can use that £30ish quid to put towards a new hd?
    Last edited by ja3h; 26-08-2005 at 08:45 PM.

Thanks
    The HDD are all 250gb+ bar the Raptor, I just got rid of 500gb of external HDD as a mate needed them ASAP and paid a very fair price.

Brought a new 320gb and all that space has been taken for backups as I use a lot of space for photography etc.

Might try one of the five in that cage to experiment with the temps.

For the sake of £10 ill try the fans mods if I do decide to do them on the plastic.

Thread Information