2009 Nehalem i7 Build Log 16-18th January 2009
During the weekend beginning from the 16th of January , the old Pentium 4 built inside a chieftec matrix case was about to be replaced by a new machine altogether.
The specs of the old machine are as follows:
• ABIT ice-7 pro Socket 478 Mobo
• 2gb DDR Ram
• Nvidia 7800GTX AGP Card(i had a ATI 9800gtx before)
• Intel Pentium 4 3.2ghz northwood
• Seasonic 450w PSU
• Chieftect full tower Matrix case
The specs of the new pc are:
• ASUS P6T deluxe Socket 1336 Mobo
• 3GB DDR3 Ram
• Nvidia 260GTX card
• Intel i7 920 2.6GHZ Nehalem
• Seasonic m12 600W PSU
• Lian LI full tower PC-A7010 case
• Thermalright Ultra Extreme aka TRUE
• Enermax 120mm fan.
As you can see, this is a major upgrade for me and one i have enjoyed building over last weekend. Enough talk, lets see some pictures !!
This case is a monster. Just look at the size comparison between the case inside the box and my 360!
More pics of comparing the size of the case alongside the 360.
Christmas came late for me
The Brain of my new pc
Nice looking mobo!
This cooler took AGES to install!! A nightmare if you don’t know how to do it first time!
Installed in the mobo tray
Look at the size of that card!
No hard drives?
Old vs new
My legendary pc!! It has served me well for the past 5+ years. As you can see i modded it and cut out the side panel myself using a electric jigsaw
All up and running hows my cable management lol