Seriously casual gamer KeyboardDemon's Avatar
    Thanks
    • KeyboardDemon's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabretooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k + Corsair H80 (Refurbed)
      • Memory:
      • 16gb (4x4gb) Corsair Vengence Red (1866mhz) - (Because it looks good in a black mobo)
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M550 SSD 1TB + 2x 500GB Seagate HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 (Warranty replacement for 780Ti SC ACX)
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 750 watt SuperNova G2
      • Case:
      • Silverstone RV03
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus Swift PG278Q
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity (40mbs dl/10mbs ul)

Re: Battlefield 4 discussion..

Quote Originally Posted by MaddAussie View Post
    Arrrgh!!!!!! My internet is currently down! waiting on an engineer at the end of the week!
    That sucks. I hope they get it sorted soon for you. BF4 isn't the same without you.

Thanks
    • Macman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Z170 Pro Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i9 9900K
      • Memory:
      • 32GB
      • Storage:
      • 5TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce RTX2080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650VS
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus Predator

It's making me want to play this again.

But don't fancy forking out for it when I have it for the PS4.

Thanks
    • KeyboardDemon's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabretooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16gb (4x4gb) Corsair Vengence Red (1866mhz) - (Because it looks good in a black mobo)
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Silverstone RV03
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus Swift PG278Q
      • Internet:

I'm starting to think I am playing this game wrong, I know I play it badly, but I am not talking about ability at the moment, I am talking about approach and how I might not be taking things as seriously as I could or should.

Talking to other players online, I have noticed that they tend to know a lot about the weapons and the stats for each weapon, many have an excellent idea about how to handle things like the recoil characteristics of each weapon, how to use the different firing modes and what attachments will get them the best results.

I on the other hand, tend to pick Engineer or Support classe, pick a primary gun (as the game wouldn't be as much fun without one) and then stick to it only changing my gadgets from time to time if I think that having claymores would be more useful then the airburst for example and then jump in and party. I don't think I have ever used my secondary weapon, though I know it would be helpful in cases where my primary is low on ammo and I need to fight my way out of danger so I can stop and reload or pick up ammo.

How important is this information really? Where do you guys go to learn about this stuff?

Is it possible that some of you can tell what a player might need to do to improve by looking at their stats?

Here are mine.

Thanks
    • outwar6010's system
      • Motherboard:
      • asus Crosshair x370
      • CPU:
      • 1800x @ 4ghz
      • Memory:
      • Team Group Dark Pro Edition 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHZ
      • Storage:
      • More than most
      • Graphics card(s):
      • evga 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • corsair ax 760
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900d
      • Operating System:
      • windows 10 pro 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • hp omen 32
      • Internet:
      • Bt infinite

Tbh it comes down to preference with stats. I tend to go with weapons with lower rates of fire and higher stability on pc atleast. At the end of the day its a game to be enjoyed and learning about all the weapons is too much of a chore for me.
    I think people who are more serious tend to watch loads of youtube reviews of bf4 guns to find out more about them. Btw your stats were actually a few months old so i updated it; your accuracy has dropped 4% lol

https://www.youtube.com/user/jackfra...=battlefield+4

ps look at the difference between me on the pc and the ps4.
    http://bf4db.com/players?name=outwar6010

Does anyone know if there's anyway to make the pc version more controller friendly?

Thanks
    • KeyboardDemon's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabretooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Silverstone RV03
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus Swift PG278Q
      • Internet:

Yeah, accuracy would drop as I like to lay down suppression fire from a distance allowing others to get in for some close quarter kills, I try and support the squad more to help with objectives then play for my own stats alone at the moment, but I was asking more about how I could start working on improving my own stats and use the features in the game better.

Thanks
    • csgohan4's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
      • CPU:
      • I7 4770K with Noctua-D15
      • Memory:
      • G SKILL 2400Mhz 8GB
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 Evo 500 GB| Seagate 1TB + 1.5TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 780 ACX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX 860
      • Case:
      • HAF X with NF-S12B FLX, TY-140, X4 Coolermaster Megaflow 200mm and Demciflex Dust Flters
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 24inch LCD W2468L
      • Internet:
      • Sky Fibre Unlimited with Asus DSL N66U

Quote Originally Posted by KeyboardDemon View Post
    Yeah, accuracy would drop as I like to lay down suppression fire from a distance allowing others to get in for some close quarter kills, I try and support the squad more to help with objectives then play for my own stats alone at the moment, but I was asking more about how I could start working on improving my own stats and use the features in the game better.
    Weapons stats can be got here link

In terms of approach, as someone said earlier it depends on your playstyle. If you suppress, your accuracy won't matter as it will be poor anyways, if you snipe then your accuracy should be above 40%.

If you play a support class / engineer/ Assault with CQB or mid range rush tactics, I would recommend using the ACE23 (Moderate damage and faster rate of fire) /SAR 21 (Highest Damage but only 21 bullets and less firing rate) for the assault.

Engineer/ Support wise AK5C is actually pretty good and people underestimate this little gun, but it's effective short to mid range to a lesser extent. It's easy to get as it's the first weapon on the list for all kits.

If you play CQB/ Mid range, make sure you move around ALWAYS, never stay still as they have radar very often and even if you use silence weapons people can guess where you are from sound and last teammate you killed.

Sniping wise, it's almost impossible on most maps, as there's usually kill cam so they know where you are after you kill them, so they will come for you for revenge, unless you parachute on a tall building with no stairs or access, however sniping more than 200m will be extremely difficult for moving targets since you need a HS for kill.

If you like to kill horde, you will get more success with CQB and using your kits wisely, like C4 on tanks e.t.c or RPG's on little birds, I once used one and took out 4 people in the helicopter cus they usually fly close to the ground and their vulnerable point is when they turn or hover.

Otherwise enjoy yourself, I am currently burned out from BF4, played more than 100 hours and then thought it was pointless and not so fun anymore.

I play COD modern warefare 1 now lolz classic
    Trust Profile HEXUS Forum FAQ and Colour coding/Post Count awards

'The Fox is cunning and relentless, and has got his Fibre Optic Broadband'

Treasure Hunter extraordinaire herulach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD Blue + 250GB 840 EVo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2* Palit GTX 970 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • CM HAF Stacker 935, 2*360 Rad WC Loop w/EK blocks.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Crossover 290HD & LG L1980Q
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media

Quote Originally Posted by KeyboardDemon View Post
    Honestly, don't worry about it over much, use what feels comfortable to you - my first mastery tag was with the CBJ-MS, which has awful stats, but I just seemed to gel with. Post patch my top guns are:
    Assault : Ace 23 for allround/L85A2 for anything with any range to it. HBAR, Angled Foregrip, laser.
    Engineer: Either MP7, SR2 or AS Val, all surpressed, mostly with laser & ergo. Or if you want more range, MTAR/A91. A91 in particular is beast mode if you can get over the urge to ADS all the time. They usually get run with ergo, surpressor & laser (or more recently target detector)
    Support: AWS or any of the big hitters (MG4, M240B, M60) all surpressed, usually with a magnifier, & either angled or vert depending how I'm feeling.
    Recon: Boring as hell, don't bother.

Support excepted, gfet used to using your pistol, get on TDM and just use that for a few rounds toget a feel for it. They're all much of a muchness except the .44/Unica/Deagle. I tend to run the latter just because you can spam it more reliably, if you don't have premium the full auto ones aren't bad substitutes but take a bit more getting used to. Map swap pistol to a mouse button and force yourself to use it.

As far as gadgets go:
    Assualt - if you aren't running medbag/defibs with field medic you're doing it wrong.
    Engineer - Either rocket of choice (SMAW for ease of use, RPG for stopping power or SRAW for epic heli sniping) + slams or repair tool
    Support - ammo bag + either airburst(learn to use it = win) or c4 depending on map
    Recon - if you must, C4 and spawn beacon or MAV.

you're welcome to add me on battlelog (same name as here) and come join a couple of rounds. a decent squad (with or without comms) can make the difference between top of the board and mid table.

Thanks
    • MrJim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Tomahawk X570
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5900X
      • Memory:
      • 32gb Kingston 3600 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • Aorus 1Tb NVME SSD, Samsung 1Tb 970 Evo SSD, Crucial 2tb MX500 SSD, Seagate Ironwolf 4Tb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 3080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 1300W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Meshify 2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic 27" XG2703-GS
      • Internet:
      • BT 900 mb/s FTTP

Quote Originally Posted by herulach View Post
    you're welcome to add me on battlelog (same name as here) and come join a couple of rounds. a decent squad (with or without comms) can make the difference between top of the board and mid table.
    I took the liberty of adding you too - hope you don't mind. My name's DarkSpatter

Thanks
    • MrNeil's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z490 VISION G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 10700KF
      • Memory:
      • 16gig G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz
      • Storage:
      • x2 Kingston 240GB HyperX SSDWD + 480gig evo 500GB Caviar Blue Hard
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Vega 56 Red Dragon
      • PSU:
      • 850W EVGA SuperNOVA G2,
      • Case:
      • NZXT H440 STEEL Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Window 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC G2770PF 144Hz and a HP 27hq
      • Internet:
      • TalkyTalk 76mb

Im crap so i just shoot ,dive squat,**** and get killed
    It's only a game but i like it when i read all the people complaining about bugs and glitches but yet they are on such a high ranking i wonder if all the bugs that have been fixed stopped them from exploiting them to get to such a high ranking in the 1st place

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

Quote Originally Posted by csgohan4 View Post
    If you play a support class / engineer/ Assault with CQB or mid range rush tactics, I would recommend using the ACE23 (Moderate damage and faster rate of fire) /SAR 21 (Highest Damage but only 21 bullets and less firing rate) for the assault.
    Its the SCAR-H that has the highest damage, the Bulldog and Ace53 also do the same.
    The SAR-21 is worth mentioning though, as it has almost zero recoil. Overall i would say the L85 is better but the SAR is definitely worth messing around with.

I generally don't bother with the lasers on the guns, they just give away your position. If get your tactics right, most of your shooting will be down the sight which removes any benefit from the laser anyway.

My favorite weapons:

Assault Rifle - general tactics is to 'tap fire' in small bursts:
    AEK-971 - Stupid rate of fire makes this a beast in close quarters. You have to slap the angled grip on there and an RDS. Go for the laser aswell as this is pretty much suited to fast combat, green if you have it (less noticeable). I have unlocked the flash hider for it, otherwise leave the barrel without an attachment.
    L85 - Great all-rounder, this is quickly becoming my weapon of choice. Ditch the laser though as it gives away your position too quickly. I'm using a heavy barrel to improve the accuracy and an angled grip so that it doesn't impact the stability as much.
    AK-12 - its the first weapon you get and its still solid. It has plenty of stability and slow ROF so I've got heavy barrel for better accuracy and potato grip (same as stubby) on there to allow me to hold down the trigger for longer, the slow ROF of this gun makes it easy to get headshots.

LMG - Spray like mad:
    M240B - Heavy hitting LMG with lots of damage but a lot of recoil to try and tame. Currently i have the compensator to stop the barrel going side to side and the stubby grib to reign in some of the auto fire.
    MG4 - High ROF and lots of bullets. Stubby grip and sight of your choice then spray them in the head.
    QBB-95 - Very little recoil and works well with medium range sights. I have the Prisma and stubby grip on there. Hold the fire button and try and drift your shots to their head

Carbine - Tap fire - Target detector is very useful:
    Ace53 - Lots of damage and 25 rounds in a mag, but lots of recoil to control. This gun takes time and needs unlocks to get the most of it, but it is a beast if you do. I have the potato grip and the muzzle break at the moment, but I experiment a lot. Just sticking the Angled grip and sight is a good approach.

DMR - Don't tap too quickly, give them time to settle - Target detector is VERY useful:
    I haven't made my mind up on which is my favorite yet, but i have had a lot of good experiences with the Druganov and the M21. It seem the angled grip is best to help get that second shot on target

Pistol - I tend to stick the laser on the pistol, I don't like the RDS though, i have better results with the ghost ring:
    Deagle is unstoppable
    CZ-75 is a nice balance of power and ammo capacity
    MP443 is the best 9mm one IMO

Shotgun - Lasers are worth while on shotguns as you are going to be hip-firing:
    QBS-09 - Semi auto shotgun with mega damage, stick the full choke on there and try to shoot whilst aiming down the sight

Sniper:
    SRR-71 for long range, JNG or Scout for medium/short are pretty much all i use... but there isnt much to say about them. Get the straight bolt on there and choose the scope you like.

PDW:
    I dont use it much but i do quite like the P90 and PP-2000 due to the big magazines.

Thanks
    • outwar6010's system
      • Motherboard:
      • asus Crosshair x370
      • CPU:
      • 1800x @ 4ghz
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • More than most
      • Graphics card(s):
      • evga 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • corsair ax 760
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900d
      • Operating System:
      • windows 10 pro 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • hp omen 32
      • Internet:
      • Bt infinite

Is anyone going for the phantom bow?

Thanks
    • MrJim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Tomahawk X570
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5900X
      • Memory:
      • 32gb Kingston 3600 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • Aorus 1Tb NVME SSD, Samsung 1Tb 970 Evo SSD, Crucial 2tb MX500 SSD, Seagate Ironwolf 4Tb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 3080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 1300W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Meshify 2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic 27" XG2703-GS
      • Internet:
      • BT 900 mb/s FTTP

Quote Originally Posted by erudito87 View Post
    Is anyone going for the phantom bow?
    Lots of hoops to jump through in order to unlock it, but yeah, I might go for it

Thanks
    • outwar6010's system
      • Motherboard:
      • asus Crosshair x370
      • CPU:
      • 1800x @ 4ghz
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • More than most
      • Graphics card(s):
      • evga 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • corsair ax 760
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900d
      • Operating System:
      • windows 10 pro 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • hp omen 32
      • Internet:
      • Bt infinite

Quote Originally Posted by MrJim View Post
    Lots of hoops to jump through in order to unlock it, but yeah, I might go for it
    I'm trying to grind through the bloody 200 weapon kills atm.

Thanks
    • KeyboardDemon's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabretooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Silverstone RV03
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus Swift PG278Q
      • Internet:

I played last night and used a combination of things that changed a lot in my approach to the games and the outcome of each match, some of it was through the hints and tips I picked up from videos last night but the best part was to draw on the experience and knowledge of the people around me.

Biscuit (squad leader) was amazing in making sure that I was equipped with the right primary weapons and gadgets where required, MaddAussie and erudito87 had some excellent advice on selections too but that alone isn't what made the last night's session as entertaining as it was, though nearly every bit of advice I got from you guys was put to good use so thanks for that.

We managed to get a pretty busy server and yet still have us all in the same squad, with TeamSpeak running it meant that we could give each other vital information and we had some really good team work in places.

On my part, a few (many) impatient re-spawns meant I was spawning in the wrong place instead of with squad members, and on more than a few occasions I reverted back to my old lone ranger style of play instead of sticking with my squad, because I got distracted (something that happens too easily for me!) or I just fell back on old habits.

I can't speak for the others, but for me the biggest change I made was regularly asking Biscuit what he wanted me to be doing, so I could try and be in the right place at the right time and also, remembering to check my minimap more often especially when reloading helped.

Usually I struggle to score more than 2,000 points in a round but from looking through the Battle Reports for last night I was averaging around 6,600 points and gained around 18 skill points, plus I managed to complete a couple of assignments. I think this was the best round for me.

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to have a Hexus platoon so we can have the [HXS] tag by our names?

I don't know if one exists already, but have set one up and would be happy to invite any and all that want to join.

edit *** If we have any skilled emblem designers, we could use a good Hexus emblem ***
    Last edited by KeyboardDemon; 29-11-2014 at 11:15 AM.

15. Received thanks from:

Biscuit (29-11-2014)

Thanks
    • Flibb's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6300
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 PC3-12800
      • Storage:
      • Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250G
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3GB MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr
      • PSU:
      • FSP
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Deffl TFT thing

I would be up for a bit of organised action, haven't played BF4 with a proper squad or with comms.

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

I think there is a Hexus platoon already. Please do join us Flibb, we have a laugh

Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 515253233343536373845 ... LastLast

Thread Information