Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: GTA V Discussion thread!

Banned
    Thanks

Re: GTA V PC Delayed again! Now due 14th of April

I guess the question is... why did they bling it up so much when it was a near constant 30fps 720p on consoles.

Couldn't they have just left in the console assets and made the game playable for everyone.

Thanks
    • jag272's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z87-G43
      • CPU:
      • i5 4670k
      • Memory:
      • 1x8GB XMS3 1600Mhz CL11
      • Storage:
      • 1x 1TB WD Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 760 2GB Gaming
      • PSU:
      • XFX TS 550W Core
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 300R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SyncMaster 943NW

Well, I'm not sure what voodoo magic it performed but I took the suggestion from a reddit thread to let Geforce Experience optimise the game. Prior to optimising, I would get anywhere from 30-40 while driving on my personal settings which was a mix of high and very high, some things like shadows knocked down to normal because I dont care about them and they seem to be quite a hard hitter. The game would frequently also drop into the 20s. On minimum settings it was better, I would get 40-50 pretty solid, sometimes dropping to 35.

Geforce experience maxed out pop variety, density and distance scaling, turned everything else up to high or very high and even turned on long shadows and 30% extended distance scaling and extended shadow distance, this actually puts me 400mb over my VRAM cap but weirdly, the game now runs 50-55 solid while driving on the highway, with only the occasional drop to 45. Meanwhile in cities its more like 45-50 with the occasional 40. No idea what it did but it worked, still got some things to tweak as well as it turned on stuff I dont care about like FXAA and shadow quality.

I do wonder if Extended distance scaling is what did it though, that or its some really weird CPU bottleneck that isnt very consistent. If anyone is having trouble and you have an Nvidia card though, might be worth giving it a go, no idea what it did but it worked.
    Last edited by jag272; 17-04-2015 at 10:55 AM.

Thanks
    • outwar6010's system
      • Motherboard:
      • asus Crosshair x370
      • CPU:
      • 1800x @ 4ghz
      • Memory:
      • Team Group Dark Pro Edition 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHZ
      • Storage:
      • More than most
      • Graphics card(s):
      • evga 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • corsair ax 760
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900d
      • Operating System:
      • windows 10 pro 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • hp omen 32
      • Internet:
      • Bt infinite

I posted a video which explains the options. I would NOT enable anything from the extended graphics options as they are incredibly intensive to high end sli setups. Turning tesselation to normal or even off will help. Currently Im running it at 1440p with all the options very high with tessellation on normal and msaa x2 and i get 60 for the most part but in online i turn use fxaa instead, as its much intensive with everyone trying to blow you up. One issue I've noticed is that shadow play footage records without sound. I just googled the issue and shadowplay doesn't support the game or vice versa.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."

Thanks
    • jag272's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z87-G43
      • CPU:
      • i5 4670k
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1x 1TB WD Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 760 2GB Gaming
      • PSU:
      • XFX TS 550W Core
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 300R
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):

Ye I've seen TB's video already, I watch a lot of his stuff. Unfortunately my experience isnt really matching up to his currently. Ofcourse he also didnt pick up on the self radio issue because he didnt know how to put songs onto it but cant expect him to catch everything. Was a bit surprised he didnt know about autosave in the phone though, it was one of the first tooltips i got shown though i never use the phone.

After fiddling with my own preference ontop of one of the geforce experience presets I now have pretty good gameplay. I'm not running very high on most stuff, just knocking down shadows and with 60fps while driving, the stuttering is back with a vengeance though so need to figure out whats doing that. If i can figure out the stutter now i've got a pretty solid configuration I think.

Thanks
    • outwar6010's system
      • Motherboard:
      • asus Crosshair x370
      • CPU:
      • 1800x @ 4ghz
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • More than most
      • Graphics card(s):
      • evga 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • corsair ax 760
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900d
      • Operating System:
      • windows 10 pro 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • hp omen 32
      • Internet:
      • Bt infinite

I'm currently using the self radio and am not noticing problems and really don't think thats the issue. In his video he had a 980 sli and showed the difference between one and two enabled. I'm think your 760 might be the reason you can't max the game. The game is VERY intensive and I really don't think its a lack of optimisation there is ALOT of stuff happening and it feels about right on my end. Have you by any chance downloaded the latest nvidia drivers?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in."

Thanks
    • jag272's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z87-G43
      • CPU:
      • i5 4670k
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1x 1TB WD Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 760 2GB Gaming
      • PSU:
      • XFX TS 550W Core
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 300R
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):

Oh the radio thing is an entirely different issue, thats not whats causing my stuttering. Though the self radio thing is a very real issue too, quite frequent complaints over on the rockstar forums and reddit but whereas my stuttering is a 15-20fps sudden hitch, the self radio is just a 3 frame or so hitch that happens frequently. Nobody has fully tracked down the cause of the self radio one yet but its presumably a result of where the mp3 is stored vs where the game is stored. I've probably got the worst case scenario in that regard as the mp3s and the game are on the same physical drive but different partitions and its a HDD not an SSD.

My stuttering while driving however is something else entirely, almost certain its something to do with the way objects popin so I just need to tweak settings that would be used in the distance until its stable. Certainly not blaming that on the optimisation, the game is certainly optimised well its just the usual case of some features being particularly troublesome and figuring out what it is. Standard day of a pc player really.

And yes I do have the latest drivers, atleast I have the GTA V Game Ready ones, unaware if theyve done any small fixes since.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

I tried Online again last night and I just seem to be doing nothing. For starters it takes AGES to do anything, joining a mission, ending a mission, it just sits at some kind of loading screen for minutes on end. Last night it even dropped me in to the map, then zoomed back out and sat at another loading screen for ages again doing nothing. Then it moved me over the other side of the map far away from the mission I was trying to do. Well annoying!

Other than sitting around waiting, I can't see what to do, apart from joining random missions against people who are millions of levels higher than me and kick my ass at everything I try and do. I really want to join in on heists but it seems that I need to be level 12 to do them, and I just can't see how I'm gonna get up to that level.

Single player is a completely different story, really enjoying it. No issues, no bugs, everything is smooth. It's a fantastic single player game and I am really enjoying it. Got all three characters working on a mission last night, won't give out any details, but switching between them to help each other out is a nice trick! Looking forward to more missions like that now.

Anyone know of any guides for Online explaining how to start, progress and actually do things? The in game "tutorial" for Online was pretty short, but didn't explain anything about the constant barrage of texts about jobs from people I have no idea who they are. Should I try and accept some of them? Are they kind of like PvE or PvP based, and how can I tell the difference?

Thanks
    • MrJim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Tomahawk X570
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5900X
      • Memory:
      • 32gb Kingston 3600 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • Aorus 1Tb NVME SSD, Samsung 1Tb 970 Evo SSD, Crucial 2tb MX500 SSD, Seagate Ironwolf 4Tb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 3080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 1300W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Meshify 2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic 27" XG2703-GS
      • Internet:
      • BT 900 mb/s FTTP

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I tried Online again last night and I just seem to be doing nothing. For starters it takes AGES to do anything, joining a mission, ending a mission, it just sits at some kind of loading screen for minutes on end. Last night it even dropped me in to the map, then zoomed back out and sat at another loading screen for ages again doing nothing. Then it moved me over the other side of the map far away from the mission I was trying to do. Well annoying!

Other than sitting around waiting, I can't see what to do, apart from joining random missions against people who are millions of levels higher than me and kick my ass at everything I try and do. I really want to join in on heists but it seems that I need to be level 12 to do them, and I just can't see how I'm gonna get up to that level.

Single player is a completely different story, really enjoying it. No issues, no bugs, everything is smooth. It's a fantastic single player game and I am really enjoying it. Got all three characters working on a mission last night, won't give out any details, but switching between them to help each other out is a nice trick! Looking forward to more missions like that now.

Anyone know of any guides for Online explaining how to start, progress and actually do things? The in game "tutorial" for Online was pretty short, but didn't explain anything about the constant barrage of texts about jobs from people I have no idea who they are. Should I try and accept some of them? Are they kind of like PvE or PvP based, and how can I tell the difference?
    I agree the loading times for GTA Online are really long, & it can get frustrating waiting around for ages for something to happen. Levelling up is pretty quick though, I'm half way between 7 & 8, & I've only been playing it since release (other console users can transfer their characters). As far as accepting missions is concerned, you can either accept them using your phone, or drive to the relevant spot on the map & start a mission yourself. I'm trying to get to level 12 myself, & buy an apartment & garage (which you need before you can do heists). Did you pre-order the game? I got $800k for doing so, so I'm going house-hunting this afternoon

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

Quote Originally Posted by MrJim View Post
    I agree the loading times for GTA Online are really long, & it can get frustrating waiting around for ages for something to happen. Levelling up is pretty quick though, I'm half way between 7 & 8, & I've only been playing it since release (other console users can transfer their characters). As far as accepting missions is concerned, you can either accept them using your phone, or drive to the relevant spot on the map & start a mission yourself. I'm trying to get to level 12 myself, & buy an apartment & garage (which you need before you can do heists). Did you pre-order the game? I got $800k for doing so, so I'm going house-hunting this afternoon
    No, I didn't pre-order, specifically for the reason that I didn't want free cash (plus I am never pre-ordering a game ever again due to past issues).

I have just watched a rather interesting video about Online, will try and do some more tonight and see if I can get a few levels.

Are you in the Hexus clan? So far, there's only about 4 people and I have never seen anyone online, but maybe that's because I don't know where to look. Are you on Steam? Does GTA V integrate with Steam? Wanna try and group up?

Thanks
    • jag272's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z87-G43
      • CPU:
      • i5 4670k
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1x 1TB WD Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 760 2GB Gaming
      • PSU:
      • XFX TS 550W Core
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 300R
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):

Does GTA V integrate with Steam? Wanna try and group up?
    From what I hear if you buy it on steam then yes it does, and ingame apparently works for steam version too. The Rockstar version is a whole different story, adding the launcher as a nonsteam game will cause the launcher to crash. There's modified EXEs floating around that will boot via steam but it only lets you show youre ingame, the UI still doesnt work.

As for online, I'll check it out once I finish the singleplayer (taking it slow at the moment) but might join up to the clan if I end up playing online a lot.

Thanks
    • MrJim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Tomahawk X570
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5900X
      • Memory:
      • 32gb Kingston 3600 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • Aorus 1Tb NVME SSD, Samsung 1Tb 970 Evo SSD, Crucial 2tb MX500 SSD, Seagate Ironwolf 4Tb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 3080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 1300W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Meshify 2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic 27" XG2703-GS
      • Internet:
      • BT 900 mb/s FTTP

No, I didn't pre-order, specifically for the reason that I didn't want free cash (plus I am never pre-ordering a game ever again due to past issues).

I have just watched a rather interesting video about Online, will try and do some more tonight and see if I can get a few levels.

Are you in the Hexus clan? So far, there's only about 4 people and I have never seen anyone online, but maybe that's because I don't know where to look. Are you on Steam? Does GTA V integrate with Steam? Wanna try and group up?
    Funnily enough I just sent you a friends invitation I think I saw you online last night, but didn't get to chat. I met up with erudito87 though, we went on a plane tour of the city! My name online is DarkSpatter, by the way. Have you got Teamspeak? I can't really use the in-game voice comms, but Teamspeak is easier form me. There's a Hexus TS server if you search for it.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

Cool, accepted it. What's erudito87's username?

Have just changed my nickname to _SeventyNine to match other online games, I didn't like my nickname containing my real name anymore.

I do have a mic, will search for the TS details now.

Thanks
    • outwar6010's system
      • Motherboard:
      • asus Crosshair x370
      • CPU:
      • 1800x @ 4ghz
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • More than most
      • Graphics card(s):
      • evga 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • corsair ax 760
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900d
      • Operating System:
      • windows 10 pro 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • hp omen 32
      • Internet:
      • Bt infinite

Quote Originally Posted by jag272 View Post
    Oh the radio thing is an entirely different issue, thats not whats causing my stuttering. Though the self radio thing is a very real issue too, quite frequent complaints over on the rockstar forums and reddit but whereas my stuttering is a 15-20fps sudden hitch, the self radio is just a 3 frame or so hitch that happens frequently. Nobody has fully tracked down the cause of the self radio one yet but its presumably a result of where the mp3 is stored vs where the game is stored. I've probably got the worst case scenario in that regard as the mp3s and the game are on the same physical drive but different partitions and its a HDD not an SSD.

My stuttering while driving however is something else entirely, almost certain its something to do with the way objects popin so I just need to tweak settings that would be used in the distance until its stable. Certainly not blaming that on the optimisation, the game is certainly optimised well its just the usual case of some features being particularly troublesome and figuring out what it is. Standard day of a pc player really.

And yes I do have the latest drivers, atleast I have the GTA V Game Ready ones, unaware if theyve done any small fixes since.
    I personally have my music in the normal os drive copied to the gta music(mainly aac but some mp3s too) location and my game is on a separate drive. I haven't experienced problems because of that. However Im thinking the latest n drivers are causing graphical oddities when I alt tab.

Thanks
    • outwar6010's system
      • Motherboard:
      • asus Crosshair x370
      • CPU:
      • 1800x @ 4ghz
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • More than most
      • Graphics card(s):
      • evga 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • corsair ax 760
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900d
      • Operating System:
      • windows 10 pro 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • hp omen 32
      • Internet:
      • Bt infinite

Cool, accepted it. What's erudito87's username?

Have just changed my nickname to _SeventyNine to match other online games, I didn't like my nickname containing my real name anymore.

I do have a mic, will search for the TS details now.
    It's erudito87 in game too and elite and wherever else. I think you requested to join the hexus crew and I accepted. Maybe "allen" with an "a" will throw people off to your real name lol.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

Quote Originally Posted by erudito87 View Post
    It's erudito87 in game too and elite and wherever else. I think you requested to join the hexus crew and I accepted. Maybe "allen" with an "a" will throw people off to your real name lol.
    Really? How odd, I don't see you in RSSC...

MrJim, I just saw you in game in that race... God it was awful, couldn't drive at all on that terrain. Had no idea it would be so rough.

Am sitting on TS3, can't seem to find a way to communicate with you in game.

Thanks
    • jag272's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z87-G43
      • CPU:
      • i5 4670k
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 1x 1TB WD Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 760 2GB Gaming
      • PSU:
      • XFX TS 550W Core
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 300R
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):

Hows everyone finding the driving for that matter? When I first played I thought I was driving on the moon, think I'm getting used to it now though, it may also be because I was replaying NFS: Most Wanted (The original) recently.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information