• Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

WoW: Legion

I can't believe there hasn't been a thread about this yet, I know some of you are playing, I see you on Battle.net!

Does anyone else think this is the best expansion by far out of the past four? I don't think I've ever had as much to do after hitting max level before, and as I have now joined a really good guild, I'm really getting into WoW again.

My main so far has been a Blood DK (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ortem/advanced), current ilvl is 844 and having a blast progressing through the mythic dungeons. A couple of nights ago I got a nice artifact appearance (Touch of Undeath) from doing the withered army scenario in Surumar so I've spent the past few evenings farming 1000 kills in BG's to unlock the red version. It looks amazing and I keep getting whispers from people asking how I got it!

Are you playing it? Are you enjoying it? Give us an update with your progress below!

Thanks
    • Ferral's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z97-P
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4790K Haswell
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Kingston SSD & 2 Tb Toshiba
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4Gb
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750 Watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" iiyama Prolite 4K
      • Internet:
      • 80Mb BT Fiber

Re: WoW: Legion

I only just startede playing again after a few years break, new Worgen character on a RP server. I did only have up to Lich King but got upgraded free to Warlords when I re subscribed.

Once I get through some of the content I will be buying Legion

Registered+
    Thanks

I took a long break from Wow, Legion is seriously making me want to come back! I played mainly arenas and bgs, not really a raid guy!

How's the new class? Pvp?

Thanks
    • DanceswithUnix's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X470-PRO
      • CPU:
      • 5900X
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200MHz ECC
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Linux, 2TB Games (Win 10)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix RX Vega 56
      • PSU:
      • 650W Corsair TX
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Fedora 39 + Win 10 Pro 64 (yuk)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq XL2730Z 1440p + Iiyama 27" 1440p
      • Internet:
      • Zen 900Mb/900Mb (CityFibre FttP)

Only got up my druid to level 108 so far. Like most games I only get to play in short bursts, so not tried a dungeon yet. The content scaling has worked quite well I think, and after the botch last expansion with the professions so far I think they recovered that quite well.

Not a fan of High Mountain

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

Quote Originally Posted by ricecooker888 View Post
    I took a long break from Wow, Legion is seriously making me want to come back! I played mainly arenas and bgs, not really a raid guy!

How's the new class? Pvp?
    Haven't played a DH myself yet, but they're everywhere (obviously) and quite powerful at the moment. I have taken a few on solo in PvP, not sure which spec they were in, but others melt me quicker than I can self heal (which is often for a Blood DK). In group PvP their AoE is insane, which also leads to them being top dealers in dungeons due to lots of trash. Their mobility in PvP is insane, they can double jump and glide, the can do a blink like dash, and when fighting at melee some of them jump all over the place and are very difficult to follow. On top of that, I think most DH's who levelled quickly picked Leatherworking due to the ridiculous amount of leather you got from Skinning (which has now been nerfed hard, but before the nerf I made almost 90k in leather just from levelling skinning 1-800) which helped boost their gear, and therefore power, very early. Whilst most in my guild were starting mythics (around 815-820 avg ilvl), one DH had 850+ gear in every almost slot almost exclusively from LW.

I would imagine some "balancing" incoming which will no doubt lead to some of them going back to their old main characters, much like when DK's where released. But I hear their story is very good and the starting 98-100 zone, like the DK's, is instanced and very well laid out. However, be prepared (pun intended) to hear every DH in the world tell you over, and over, how much they have sacrificed...

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

Quote Originally Posted by DanceswithUnix View Post
    Only got up my druid to level 108 so far. Like most games I only get to play in short bursts, so not tried a dungeon yet. The content scaling has worked quite well I think, and after the botch last expansion with the professions so far I think they recovered that quite well.

Not a fan of High Mountain
    Got my Druid to 102, it's so much fun, but with so much to do with my DK I rarely get time to play it.

Hah, I hate High Mountain too, but that's mainly because I tried to find the Mining/Blacksmith trainers on top of the mountain without knowing the path and ended up falling into Suramar at around 104. Without being able to get back to my corpse, I ressed (with res sickness - why does that still exist??) and dozens of 110's spawned around me and camped me until the debuff wore off. Then I had to use all my cooldowns to run far enough away so I could get outta there!

Bagnaj97

I'm taking things little slower this time round; I haven't done any Mythic dungeons yet (reached 821 ilvl last night, but secondary stats are far from optimal).

I've just faction changed to help some friends out, they're on another server but all the cross realm stuff means that's not a huge problem any more. I can't trade with them, join their guild or do Mythic raids, but we can group up for questing, dungeons and non-mythic raiding. Now I need to find a guild on my server (DMF/Earthen Ring Horde)...

If anyone Horde side needs a healer (Resto druid) for something then give me a shout!

World quests add a bit more variety than static daily quests - they've clearly borrowed the Bounties idea from Diablo 3.
    I also like the Artifact idea. I was skeptical when I read about it, but it's nice to have a talent tree. Ultimately you'll get all the skills in the tree, but until that point some paths are clearly better than others. Given that the item level scales with relics it makes me wonder whether that's the end of weapon drops - we'll just get more powerful relics and an extended/reworked tree in future expansions.
    The mobile app also makes order hall missions far less painful than ye olde garrisons.
    Last edited by Bagnaj97; 15-09-2016 at 01:45 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Haven't played a DH myself yet, but they're everywhere (obviously) and quite powerful at the moment. I have taken a few on solo in PvP, not sure which spec they were in, but others melt me quicker than I can self heal (which is often for a Blood DK). In group PvP their AoE is insane, which also leads to them being top dealers in dungeons due to lots of trash. Their mobility in PvP is insane, they can double jump and glide, the can do a blink like dash, and when fighting at melee some of them jump all over the place and are very difficult to follow. On top of that, I think most DH's who levelled quickly picked Leatherworking due to the ridiculous amount of leather you got from Skinning (which has now been nerfed hard, but before the nerf I made almost 90k in leather just from levelling skinning 1-800) which helped boost their gear, and therefore power, very early. Whilst most in my guild were starting mythics (around 815-820 avg ilvl), one DH had 850+ gear in every almost slot almost exclusively from LW.

I would imagine some "balancing" incoming which will no doubt lead to some of them going back to their old main characters, much like when DK's where released. But I hear their story is very good and the starting 98-100 zone, like the DK's, is instanced and very well laid out. However, be prepared (pun intended) to hear every DH in the world tell you over, and over, how much they have sacrificed...
    Wow sounds like a really fun class! Why aren't you playing one?

Hahaha yeah I know what you mean. They do that with every new class. Insane at first (maybe to attract players back?), then nerf the *beep* out of it only to ruin the class and change the way its played that players enjoyed.

All the new features sounds amazing, I only wish I had more time, because it seems more time consuming than before!

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

Quote Originally Posted by ricecooker888 View Post
    All the new features sounds amazing, I only wish I had more time, because it seems more time consuming than before!
    Only if you want to do everything. But they had to do that to stop people (and there are many of them, 1/3rd of my guild included) who do everything in expansions and got bored and quit. The amount of stuff to do in game now reminds of the Vanilla days, the elite few will do everything, for multiple characters, but the rest of us now have a good chance to do normals and heroics and get some of the best gear available without putting in an over the top amount of effort. I hope I can clear normal and heroic level raids, I'm not too concerned about mythic. That will just depend on how well we do.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

Quote Originally Posted by Bagnaj97 View Post
    If anyone Horde side needs a healer (Resto druid) for something then give me a shout!
    I might hit you up, already got you on Battle.net, just thought you were playing Alliance still. Always a struggle to find good healers if guild mates are busy!

And at 821 ilvl you should be fine in mythics with a well co-ordinated group, utilise CC and get a reasonably well geared tank and you'll be good to go. No need to consider it rushing, you just do the best your character can do. For example, I did quite a few dungeons whilst levelling so when I hit 110 I only had to do a couple to have completed them all (excluding the rep locked ones in Suramar), but I only ran a couple of heroics before starting on mythics, because I managed to get some good gear from WQ's, reputation, Order Hall set items and crafting. I didn't consider that rushing just because I skipped the heroics, I just happened to get geared enough for mythics quite quickly and went with the flow. And also because guild members needed geared tanks for their groups!

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre

It's definitely the best expansion since Lich King - I really loved that expansion and ICC is still my favorite raid of all time (although saying that, Kara & BWL were close..). This is the first time since LK that i've wanted to sit and play through the story, reading every quest and focusing on the game, rather than just leveling through whilst watching TV/Listening to a podcast.

It's really captured a lot more of the classic WoW feeling for me..loving the lore, how they are closing off so many story threads that stretch right back to the early days of the game. The weapon upgrade system works well too - at least on this first playthrough.

The only downside to me is that it has become even more "dumbed down" yet again. I am one of those who still yearns for complex talent trees, min maxing of stats, weapon skills, attunements (yes i Know we have some in this XP, but not quite in the same way), and generally figuring things out for yourself rather than the game just guiding you through. It's one of the sacrifices we've had to make in order to attract new players and allow for a much more casual experience I guess, but I still miss that aspect of the game that I really loved.

Regardless of that though, great expansion and I look forward to starting a DH in the next few weeks to give one a try!

Bagnaj97

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    And at 821 ilvl you should be fine in mythics with a well co-ordinated group, utilise CC and get a reasonably well geared tank and you'll be good to go.
    Oh, I'm well aware of that, but when I was still alliance side I was in a casual guild (the one you joined with me for a while is no more) that weren't even doing HCs yet, and pugs in group finder all request silly ilvls.

Registered+
    Thanks

Got started late because of the Insomnia event and now I'm just taking my time leveling up my Demon Hunter which is a really fun class initially. Couple of boring areas and quest hubs but otherwise it's excellent MMO-fare; immersive, beautiful and very well designed.

Thanks

I started playing again, although didn't start at launch. Loving it. They've taken it in a great direction and combined with the new Demon Hunter class I'm having a great time. I've only done a handful of dungeons and mythics so far and not stepped into the raid yet. I'm back on Horde as well.

DemonHunter has been great; it's so mobile but that mobility is where the damage comes from so positioning is key.
    - Cantankerous -
    - GSV - MarlinsUK - TNGC -

Thread Information