Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pro-vision.co.uk experiences?

Thanks

Re: pro-vision.co.uk experiences?

just an update, tracking info was received on Tuesday and the Camera arrived today. It all looks fine to me. I feel so relieved it has arrived without issues but it did talk 1-1/2 weeks for it to arrive and although the receipt shows Pro-visions UK address the UPS tracking info mentioned in the corner something about it being an international shipment.

I am glad it has come..i feel grateful the supplier has sent me the item i paid for...which isnt a great place to be as a consumer. If there is any issues with this camera i feel like i really would not enjoy a returns procedure with these people. They are cheaper...quite alot cheaper than other suppliers but i have a feeling something not quite right is going on.

Would i buy again from them... No.. that said if you have already bought something from them i wouldn't worry too much, it seems they have a history of behaving like this... very difficult to contact..no telephone numbers that work but they are fairly responsive via email. Im sure your item will come. But if you are in the process of deciding to buy from these guys to save a few quid...just dont. In my opinion its not worth the risk... id hate to have to deal with any product or delivery issues.

A bit of background checking will show they operate through a few other trading outlets / webstore fronts. Why they do this who knows..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Riyo View Post
    A bit of background checking will show they operate through a few other trading outlets / webstore fronts. Why they do this who knows..
    Have a look on Google Earth.
    20 Winchcombe Street is a 3 story shop/office front. I guess "unit 3" is the top floor office.
    Strangely enough, Unit 1 (ground floor) is occupied by "Mail Boxes Etc" who just happen to be UPS shipping agents.

It's almost certain that Pro-Vision does not have a UK warehouse - they just buy in Grey imports from Asia when somebody places an order.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VicTheClick View Post
    Have a look on Google Earth.
    20 Winchcombe Street is a 3 story shop/office front. I guess "unit 3" is the top floor office.
    Strangely enough, Unit 1 (ground floor) is occupied by "Mail Boxes Etc" who just happen to be UPS shipping agents.

It's almost certain that Pro-Vision does not have a UK warehouse - they just buy in Grey imports from Asia when somebody places an order.
    I agree. I bought some items from them after they confirmed they were UK goods and one turned out to be a grey import, which means no manufacturer's UK warranty. They claim to source UK goods only but the delay in delivery and opacity of their website suggests otherwise. The address is a postal one hosted by Mail Boxes Etc. 'Unit 3' gives the impression it is an industrial unit but it is not; it is a mail box. There is a phone number on the website now but the area code is for Burton on Trent, not Cheltenham. If you call them the phone rings then goes to engaged.

Caveat emptor!

Thanks

A quick thank you to this site and everyone in this thread. I was looking for a 760D and pro-vision were the cheapest place that looked legitimate, the others having no contact details or being based in Hong Kong.

But something was telling me it didn't seem right and this site came up at the top of searches for pro-vision reviews.

So despite the assurance (on their website) of 12 months Canon UK warranty, UK UPS delivery and a 14 day 'no quibble' return policy, I think I had a narrow escape!

Thanks

I bought the Cannon 760D with 3 lenses from Pro-Vision and when I had no delivery info after 3 days I found this forum. I emailed them and cancelled my order asking for a full refund. They replied saying this was no problem but wanted to know why I was cancelling. I had a series of emails back and forward in which I basically said I suspected the camera to be a grey import and therefore would not be covered by cannon uk warranty, I also queered if they were VAT registered and that they were paying VAT on the camera. They reassured me that it was not a grey import and a genuine uk camera and they would be sending a VAT receipt with delivery so I eventually agreed to go ahead with the purchase.

The camera was received and all seemed fine but I still had doubts in my mind so I contacted Cannon UK who asked for me to send a few pictures of the packaging and the camera serial number. They confirmed this is a grey import and not a European camera. Although they did confirm it to be a genuine cannon and there is nothing wrong with it as such, they confirmed that they would not cover any warranty on this grey import.

When I contacted Pro-Vision they have said I can return for a full refund as with 14 day cooling off period. I have requested that they arrange for this to be collected at their cost as it was misdescribed but they say it has to be returned at my expense. They have also come up with yet another address to return the product in Derbyshire.

Do not use this company.

6. Received thanks from:

Millennium (19-02-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GolfGilly View Post
    I have requested that they arrange for this to be collected at their cost as it was misdescribed but they say it has to be returned at my expense. They have also come up with yet another address to return the product in Derbyshire.

Do not use this company.
    You could try complaining to your credit card company. It worked for me. However Provision then issued me with a summons from the Small Claims court! That was dropped (and they had the expense of that) but what a headache.

Bottom line is that if you want a UK warranty and are not sure about the vendor check with Canon that you are buying from an authorised Canon retailer first. We live and learn!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by g8ina View Post
    KamKorda - Showcasing Photographers, Film-Makers work and supplier of branded and own brand video cameras, digital cameras, camera lenses, tripods, binoculars, MacBooks, iPads, accessories, as well as photography publications.
    Company Registered Office Address:
    Chatsworth International Ltd
    Rm 2609
    26/F Chek Nang Plaza
    250 Hennessy Road
    Wan Chai
    Hong Kong

-----------

Nuff Sed
    hi,
    just to let you know, I recently found out the same information about this SpencerMann company, going under the name of several companies. They miss- sold me a Macbook Pro to me in January this year 2016, by telling me it was a brand new and completely British Model with UK keyboard, but when it arrived it was not British, it was an American keyboard as there was no £ sign. Despite getting a letter direct from the Apple store having verified this via the serial number and the fact it was as plain as the nose on your face it was American, they continued to deny this so they could try to get away with not refunding the postage I paid to send it back to them. They were so belligerent and rude to me saying I and Apple were wrong!!! IN the end i did get my refund for postage but it took me 2 weeks of quibbling . Finally , they threatened to sue me if I wrote any bad reviews!! Who are these dodgy people?

They also tried to hide the name of their director of the company and I discovered through my own research that the owner has dealings with companies in Hong Kong which is obviously where they are getting the cheap macs from and selling to some innocent people in the UK who they are trying to convince that the keyboards are British, because they add a UK adapter into the box!!!

Since my experience with them have found all these dodgy reviews about them. I strongly advise you to steer clear of these people obviously selling cheap imports from their Hong Kong technology companies....which look intended for International English Markets such as New Zealand, Malaysia, Australia Canada etc...they all use dollar signs and use the same US keyboard, but we in the UK have our own physical keyboard with a € and £ sign. They continue to deny this.

very rude people, do not touch them with a barge pole!
    Last edited by Eye2eye; 22-02-2016 at 11:54 PM.

Thanks

Hi
    I know your post was some time ago but did this supplier provide a vat registration number. There isn't one on the site so I am a little concerned that those who have just accepted these imports may be holding untaxed imports and liable to seizure by customs when they go out of the U.K.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J8hn View Post
    Hi
    I know your post was some time ago but did this supplier provide a vat registration number. There isn't one on the site so I am a little concerned that those who have just accepted these imports may be holding untaxed imports and liable to seizure by customs when they go out of the U.K.
    Yes they did supply a VAT number.

Thanks

I am currently looking for a Canon lens, which would cost just short of £3,000 new. Pro-vision has it listed for less than £2,000. Given that the mark up on consumer electronics is typically 10-15%, one wonders how they are making a profit, if they are legit.

Thanks

Where to start... I've emailed and called this company multiple times to find out whether my goods are to be delivered. I've had no response via phone besides having left numerous voicemail's and eventually i received a response via email only after having to threaten to open a dispute with paypal.

Since then, the customer service has been poor, having been promised tracking details for Monday, with a delivery due to be made on Wednesday. Monday came and went, I sent requests for the tracking details yet nothing had been received back from the client on this. Eventually once more I was forced to threaten a dispute and since then I've had a response stating that infact my goods would be delivered "this week" but with no tracking details, no apology for the previous contact having said they would be delivered Wednesday and furthermore, as I am flying out on the 30th (Thursday) and their T&C's on the website state that the item, if in stock, would be delivered within 72 hours. The item was in stock when I decided to order yet no confirmation was ever received for payment, just a paypal transaction receipt to a company called middletonhill.co.uk which is not the company I ordered from in the first place!

Moving forward to day, I've emailed numerous times to an individual called "Paul", their reps never give a last name or a phone number.... I was informed that due to my threats of moving to a paypal dispute, my emails would no longer be responded to and my items would be delivered "this week", again without any tracking details.

This company is a scam and as such I will be reporting them to the police as well as opening a dispute for my payment of £700.00.

The service received has been unacceptable and the company has yet to respond to my request with adequate information regarding the tracking details or my request to speak to a manager.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information