Hi all. Welcome,
I had a go on the vita yesterday at GAME for about 5-10mins and here is a nutshell of my initial impressions playing uncharted and some augmented reality fighting game
- Build quality is top notch
- analogue sticks are great
- Screen is as good as an ipone 4s/samsung galaxy Nexus
- Uncharted graphics are almost on par with a ps3 game
- Augment reality game i played(a fighting game where u can slap you face on) worked well. good ps3-like graphics
- Dpad and Buttons are very similar to the PSP and i have an original PSP and the buttons still work .
- Very light! Nearly as light as my Samsung galaxy nexus phone!
- Sound from the speakers is a bit weak but better then the psp
- A bit "thick" so may have trouble fitting in your jeans pocket
- Load times on unchated took about 30seconds and it was from a downloaded version of it, not from the memory card so i expect it to load instantly like when u have a psp game installed on the psp itself, not run from the UMD
- UI is better then the PSP but a bit childist/nintendoish(i woudl much prefer a Android UI.l Like Android honeycomb at least)
Dont forget. these are from early 5min impressions of the device, Some of the pros and cons can easily change if i had a weeks use with the Vita but from my own points above, the most important things about the device are in my plus points i.e build quality and game graphics quality