Thread: PS4 and secondhand games..

ZaO

PS4 and secondhand games..

I've been thinking about getting a Ps4. Just looking at games on Ebay to see what they go for. But one thing that I'm unsure about is, if I buy a secondhand game, is it possible that it will be limited in some way? Are there still things such as the "Online pass" in place for some games? I tried searching about this. And all I found were a bunch of nearly identical reports from about a year ago. It looked as though this was something that wasn't going to happen anymore, or probably wouldn't happen anymore. But I'm skeptical about this.

Am I safe just to buy secondhand games, or are there some I need to be aware of? If so - is there a list of these games anywhere?

Thanks!

Thanks
    • Dooms's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 970 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 2080 Super
      • PSU:
      • 750W Corsair Pro
      • Case:
      • Ncase M1 6.1
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34UC88 34-Inch 21:9
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Telenor

Re: PS4 and secondhand games..

Online passes are dead for the moment. You may miss out on some additional content (random weapon or map) that came on a one use code but otherwise you are fine to get 2nd hand stuff for now

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by Dooms View Post
    Online passes are dead for the moment. You may miss out on some additional content (random weapon or map) that came on a one use code but otherwise you are fine to get 2nd hand stuff for now
    Sweet I don't care about little dlc things. But that's great to hear! The last Bastion of console gaming for me, was being able to sell your games on. Once those online passes started to creep in on the last gen, I sold my consoles and just stuck to pc. It's nice to know that console games will actually hold some value now, seeing as they initially cost a lot more than pc games. I think I'll be ordering that Ps4 in the not so distant future Thanks.

Registered+
    Thanks

Last time a saw a online pass was for wwe 13 so you should be ok but you may miss out on some free dlc.

Thanks

When EA ditched online passes, every other developer followed. I'm not sure if Ubisoft is still doing it though.

MGP
    Thanks

Ubisoft have followed suit too it seems. I recently purchased a PlayStation 4 with Watch Dogs and no online pass was needed, same with Assassins Creed: Black Flag. Season Pass is the rage now.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZaO View Post
    I've been thinking about getting a Ps4. Just looking at games on Ebay to see what they go for. But one thing that I'm unsure about is, if I buy a secondhand game, is it possible that it will be limited in some way? Are there still things such as the "Online pass" in place for some games? I tried searching about this. And all I found were a bunch of nearly identical reports from about a year ago. It looked as though this was something that wasn't going to happen anymore, or probably wouldn't happen anymore. But I'm skeptical about this.

Am I safe just to buy secondhand games, or are there some I need to be aware of? If so - is there a list of these games anywhere?

Thanks!
    You can find games, original ones for cheaper than second hand ones if you look in the right places. Not sure if you've known about it already but this is the website I use: http://www.gamestracker.com/

8. Received thanks from:

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by Slimigo View Post
    You can find games, original ones for cheaper than second hand ones if you look in the right places. Not sure if you've known about it already but this is the website I use: http://www.gamestracker.com/
    Thanks for the link! That seems like a cool site. I'm well clued up about getting pc games cheap. But not so much with console games. This will come in handy

Thanks
    • Macman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Z170 Pro Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i9 9900K
      • Memory:
      • 32GB
      • Storage:
      • 5TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce RTX2080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650VS
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus Predator

I'll be getting rid of my PS4 games as I have too many atm lol. Just recently got Madden 15, NHL 15, Fifa 15 then Driveclub, COD:AW and then GTA 5.

I'll post them on classified over the weekend.

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    I'll be getting rid of my PS4 games as I have too many atm lol. Just recently got Madden 15, NHL 15, Fifa 15 then Driveclub, COD:AW and then GTA 5.

I'll post them on classified over the weekend.
    Ok. I'll have a look in a sec

Thanks

really depends what game,ubisoft have no id passport anymore. the last of us on ps3 needs an online code but not sure about ps4

Registered+
    Thanks

I'm playing a second hand last of us on ps3! haven't needed anything.

Thread Information