• Seasonic G550
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-e
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer

GS600 Problems

I bought a GS600 a few months back. I installed it no problems. But ive only just noticed that leds dont light up due to the fact that i was never intrsted in that part and i dont think ive ever actulay seen the fan spin up apart from when i power it on. I dont want to break my system. So i was wondering if anyone had any views on what i should do?

Registered+
    Thanks
    • f3nc3po5t's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V GEN 3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 3770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 680 Twin Frozr
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX860i
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Storm Trooper
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung P2450h 24"
      • Internet:
      • Sky Fibre Optic

Re: GS600 Problems

I purchased a Corsair GS600 2013 Edition on the 6th Feb. Product made a constant knocking noise, this was before the fan started to spin. When the fan spins up you cant here the knocking anymore, thought this was a bit strange as the noise only happens when the fan is not spinning. Power Supply also got rather hot. This was with a system that used less then 500W total power. Had RMA'd the power supply after about 30 minutes of use. Didn't want to take any chances. Have ordered a XFX Pro 850W Power Supply instead. Didn't want to take a chance on the replacement Corsair GS doing the same thing. Have heard on forums of others having issues with the GS V2 but didn't expect this with the 2013 Edition. Clearly Corsair have some issues that they need to address. However Corsair themselves are great. Everything in my RIG is Corsair and Works Fantastically

Registered+
    Thanks
    • clovy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte P67A-UD3R B3
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500K
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 8GB Dual Kit 1600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Seagate 250Gb + 500GB Sata III
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr III
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX650
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung
      • Internet:
      • Up to 2Mbps

Maybe Corsair must more concern about OEM they used.

Registered+
    Thanks

Ive just bought a gs800 2013. Not got the rest of the components for the system yet, I hope I don't encounter any issues

Registered+
    Thanks

I've got a GS800 from 2012, my system wasn't demanding enough for the PSU to get hot enough for the fan to start spinning (only had a AMD 6870 1gb). I recently installed a GTX 770 and the fan started spinning at one point - making a horrible noise, may have to RMA it soon. I got rid of the GTX 770 and waiting to buy another card. So will need to stress test it properly to ensure the fan works! If the LED's dont work, then I'd just RMA it.

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Benjarmin View Post
    I bought a GS600 a few months back. I installed it no problems. But ive only just noticed that leds dont light up due to the fact that i was never intrsted in that part and i dont think ive ever actulay seen the fan spin up apart from when i power it on. I dont want to break my system. So i was wondering if anyone had any views on what i should do?
    There is an LED switch on the back of the PSU, make sure it's on. If it doesn't turn on at all, then most likely the LED is dead. You can always get it replaced via Corsair's RMA process.

The fan not spinning is a different matter from the LED not turning on. The PSU has a silent/fan less mode feature, where the fan would only run when the PSU reaches a good amount of load and temp. So expect the fan ramp up during POST then shut down during normal operation.

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ndaar View Post
    Ive just bought a gs800 2013. Not got the rest of the components for the system yet, I hope I don't encounter any issues
    You should be fine In case you run into any issues, you do have a great after sales support to sort it out should a problem occur.

Quote Originally Posted by SNYPER E View Post
    I've got a GS800 from 2012, my system wasn't demanding enough for the PSU to get hot enough for the fan to start spinning (only had a AMD 6870 1gb). I recently installed a GTX 770 and the fan started spinning at one point - making a horrible noise, may have to RMA it soon. I got rid of the GTX 770 and waiting to buy another card. So will need to stress test it properly to ensure the fan works! If the LED's dont work, then I'd just RMA it.
    If the noise is louder than any of your case fans or if the noise is objectively unbearable, then I would get that unit replaced.

Registered+
    Thanks

I have to admit I dont think Ive heard my gs600 2013 edition fan come on apart from the powering up. i will have to pay more attention now.

Thread Information