Thread: CX600 PSU turns off underload

Thanks

CX600 PSU turns off underload

As stated in the title when i turn my pc on it runs fine and i have no problems but as soon as the pc is under any sort of load the pc shuts down. Now i believe this is the power supply as i have tested the GPU in another system and the system runs without the GPU.

My specs are
    • MSI tomahawk Z170 motherboard
    • i5 6500 CPU
    • GTX 1060 GPU
    • CX600 PSU
    • 8gb of corsair venegance RAM

when i look in the event log it says kernel power issue and there are many other people who have the kernel power issue and i have tried a lot of things such as:
    • reinstalling wndows
    • trying what is advised by guys on youtube
    • using msi kernel mode
    • updating the bios

and a few other things. if you have any idea what this could be i would really appreciate the help. this is a newly built system and i will probably return the PSU to ebuyer>

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

Re: CX600 PSU turns off underload

Hey Sol,
    It is possible that what you're experiencing with your system is PSU related. When the system shuts down, is it pretty consistent every time you a load on it? Another hardware that could cause this behavior is your CPU. Check your CPU temp under load and just make sure its not hitting its thermal limit.

I see that you've done a lot of trouble shooting steps already and find out the culprit is, but have you tried using a different PSU and see if get the same issue?

If its indeed the PSU, I would suggest that you get it replaced via our RMA process. You can submit your request here, Corsair.force.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
    Hey Sol,
    It is possible that what you're experiencing with your system is PSU related. When the system shuts down, is it pretty consistent every time you a load on it? Another hardware that could cause this behavior is your CPU. Check your CPU temp under load and just make sure its not hitting its thermal limit.

I see that you've done a lot of trouble shooting steps already and find out the culprit is, but have you tried using a different PSU and see if get the same issue?

If its indeed the PSU, I would suggest that you get it replaced via our RMA process. You can submit your request here, Corsair.force.com
    that is one of the things i forgot to mention, the temperatures are fine if not quite cool and i can run the CPU when the GPU is not plugged in, but the GPU is also fine as i have tried it in another system. sadly i do not have access to another power supply so i think i shall return the PSU.

Registered+
    Thanks

It's always a shame when you don't have access to another system. I had a similar problem and it turned out to be something to do with the motherboard...the capacitors or something? When too much juice was put through it, the whole thing would just shut down as a safety feature.

On the plus side, if the system is shutting down every time, at least your other components should be safe when you get to the root of the issue.

Thread Information