Thread: Your new PSU revisions!

Thanks

Your new PSU revisions!

So, I'm trying to reacquaint myself with Corsair's PSU lineup as you've released a few new models and revisions of existing models since the last time I sat down and worked out what's what.

It's nice you have so many lines to choose from but the differences can get a bit confusing, especially when you factor in different revisions/OEMs. I'm just about getting my head around it but I've a couple of questions, mostly about your newer products.

The new RMx looks to be a very solid performer, which AIUI is more or less a RMi without the 'i' part?

I think the HX and TX-M look to be recently revised but neither seem to have any reviews yet? After a bit of reading it seems reviewers (e.g. TPU) have their hands on at least the new (grey) TX - are we waiting on an NDA or is it just a case of waiting for reviews to be complete? They're already available to buy so I'm guessing the latter?

One last thing, and something you may not be able to answer, with the exception of the TX which seems to be a Great Wall OEM, the others are CWT built - do they share a new, common platform? From the reviews I've seen it looks to be really good! I'm also keen to see how the TX performs, given you seem to have had some good products from Great Wall. Speaking of which (OK I lied about only one more question) is the CS USA-only or something? Or is that what the new Great Wall CX series is about? And maybe a common platform with the TX?

A lot of my questions were answered on your blog, these are just a few I had remaining.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks

Re: Your new PSU revisions!

Well there's one review up at Kitguru, presumably with more following over the next few weeks.

It looks like a brilliant PSU, especially given the price! I like how Corsair seem to take extra steps to prevent coil whine on their power supplies. There's little point having a (semi) fanless PSU if it has terrible coil which which is arguably more annoying, more unpredictable, and harder to solve!

I'm impressed by how Corsair seem to have taken on board the criticism around their entry-level products and are working to resolve this with their new revisions.

My only nitpick would be the naming. Old TX vs new TX, old CX, new CX, CX-M, green, grey, etc. There are a lot of products, EOL and new, sharing the same names! I understand Corsair have established the branding in each sector, but in many cases the new products are much better than the ones they replace, and people might be put off by much older reviews of products with the same names!

Thread Information