Thread: Help buying new PC

On a Tactical Vessel in search of an Invisible Submarine
    Thanks

Help buying new PC

Hi , Im looking to buy a new pre built pc since previously ive upgraded my old pc and ive had a lot of conflicts with hardware etc like my most stable hard drive is maxtor from back 2003 .

My current system runs a Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs) and NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT on xp and its feeling the strain so i thought its time to get a new pc since i got promoted etc.

Im looking to spend in the region of 800 pounds and my requirements is that it was stable that i could use it for a long time without having to upgrade so like preferably gfx card to support latest shader and direct x and that i could have 2 hard drives so i could have windows on one and rest on the other in case i needed to format the drive and windows 7 preferably with cd in case i needed to format the windows drive.

Now im barely competent to replace graphics card memory etc but when it comes to going through the board connecting cables im pretty bad so i thought pre built system would be for me

Like i wanted to buy it of scan since all the stuff i bought from them before is really high quality and customer support is pretty good so i was looking at
    http://3xs.scan.co.uk/ConfigureSyste...SystemID=1162# that we are featuring at hexus.
    However im a complete noob like i said when it comes to hardware so i was wondering if that system meets my specifications since the graphics card name doesnt tell me anything and i was wondering if i could get a better deal ? Id stick with scan if i can since i trust them but if there is anything else clearly superior id appreciate you point me into its direction.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • t3chguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG Crosshair IV Extreme
      • CPU:
      • AMD Athlon II X3 3.4GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance Blue 1866MHz
      • Storage:
      • 2x 500GB WD in RAID 1
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1GB 6870 XFX HD DUAL FAN BLACK EDITION
      • PSU:
      • PowerCool 850W Modular
      • Case:
      • SilverStone RV01-W
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 1x 23" ViewSonic HD Monitor

Re: Help buying new PC

Well, I think that building your own PC is still most fun, best Idea is though, buy a motherboard ram and proccy set, so they wont clash...

Registered+
    Thanks

You can build a very decent PC for that money. If you're not confident on what components go together have a look at pcper.com/hwlb - American but most components available here. It's a good starting point then you can decide what you want to upgrade.

Registered+
    Thanks

what is the best bundle for mutimedia without overclock. I am going to use the PC for Praise and worship in the Church. I don't want to overclock as it may give trouble during live worship? What is also the best budle for video editing? Please help?

Many thanks,

Capt. Jose

Banned
    Thanks

No worries my friend, by the way ive always bought from Scan and they are very good indeed.

And yes the above will be a better gaming PC than the g30 as it has the 448core core version of the 560ti instead of the regular 384core 560ti that the g30 has.

Plus with the Antec modular 620w PSU you will have the power to upgrade to a better GPU in the future if you so wish.

Thread Information