Thread: Link submit button to my email???

Thanks

Unhappy Link submit button to my email???

Could someone kindly tell me how to link my "Submit" button to my email address with Dreamweaver or could they reply with the HTML tag??? I want my clients to hit the submit button so that it automatically sends the form with it to my email box.

Thanks Heaps

Thanks
    Well the best way to do this is with a server side script, but you can set the action of a form to an email address (possibly with mailto: in front, cant remember) and the form will be sent to the address.
    Simon

HEXUS.net Webmaster
    Thanks
    if you're trying to get a form submitted by the user to be sent via email then Shad is correct, your host will need to allow you to send SMTP mails and you will need a server side script e.g. CGI or PHP (don't listen to Shad if he talks about ASP ) in order to process it. The only alternative is to have a mailto: link built using javascript where the subject and body are populated from the submitted form e.g. <a href = mailto: blah@blah.com?subject=some subject text&body=the main body of your email>

I'd investigate the former with your webhost first though as the second relies on your web user having an email client installed

Thanks
    Ok open your form using the <FORM> tag. Within the form put <input type="submit">

This is effect is your submit button which will submit whatever is within the <FORM> and </FORM> tags.

Hope that helps

Thread Information