OK I started this project months ago with the intention of putting it on a computer mod of some type. But I didnt end up making any kind of mod that it would fit on so the half finished logo was left gathering dust on the shelf untill my broher suggested it might look good as a stand alone item.
The the original for the logo came to me when I was looking at the CD case for Farcry and thought that a 3d copper and aluminium rendition of the logo would look pretty cool.
Although difficult to see at this size the Farcry logo has a kind of 3d effect with a copper colour behind and a silver/white on the front hence my idea of copper and aluminium.
So I decided on a roughly a4 size (so that I could easily print out the logo at the working scale) and got started cutting aluminium.
I went with 1mm aluminium as it is thin enough to be easy to cut but reasonably strong at this size. As you can see I printed out the logo and stuck it to the aluminium sheet and cut around the inside line of the logo. The copper part I will be around 2mm bigger all round which will hopefully give the 3d effect.
I am using a peircing saw to cut out the letters which give a very crisp and sharp effect although it takes some time. With the Y here i was experimenting with how to do the scratches and tearing but I will have to see how it goes on the more complex letters