• Coolermater Cosmos Pure Black
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2209WA
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk

Burglars

Those adverts on TV that are trying to say, that if you don't want to get burgled then you should get black-out curtains, steel bar frames over your windows, a moat around your house and just effectively turn your house into fort knox.

This is not good enough, we spend thousands and thousands of pounds on our houses and the goods inside them, we shouldn't have to live in this way.

Instead of telling us to turn our houses into prisons, why not allow us to protect our homes with what ever force we like, its the burglars own for being there in the first place!!

Burglars forfeit all their basic human rights when they step into your property!!

Those adverts are very patronising indeed!!

If YOU are a burglar reading this...I don't know how you can look at yourself in the mirror, you should have your hands lobbed off...

Banned
    Thanks
    There is a law being passed about the right to use 'reasonable' force to defend your property. In short though, you are of course, 100% correct. When someone enters your house illegally to steal your possessions, they should immediately forfeit all human rights.

Step outside the law, and you step outside the protection of the law, surly?

Of course mate, some Guardian reader will probably come along and bang on about human rights, and how the poor crack addict is only breaking into old grannies flats, beating them half to death and stealing their pension money because we (the nasty law abiding masses) have created the problem and it’s a shame for the poor thug, and he’s the victim really.

Mind you, those sort of bleeding heart Liberal types are increasingly being ignored in favor of the vast majority of people who were born with a shred of common sense. About time too - political correctness has truly had its day.

Thanks
    You weren't burgled recently were u bean? Sure does sound like it!

You have been warned!!

I shall never tire... BEANFro Elite's Avatar
    Thanks
    • BEANFro Elite's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus MAXIMUS IV EXTREME Rev.3.0
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 2600K Sandy Bridge
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Memory Vengeance 8GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 240Gb RevoDrive 3 X2, 1x 1TB Maxter DiamondMax 11
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire ATi HD5970 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1000W Modular
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2209WA
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Ames
    You weren't burgled recently were u bean? Sure does sound like it!
    well i wasn't but my next door neighbour was...and it that advert that tipped me over the edge...

Tech-ignorant Factoid
    Thanks
    I was begining to wonder if it was just me that thought like this.
    IT can be really annoying, can't it.

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media
    I've seen numerous old peoples homes with metal bars on the windows to stop idiots gaining access. Now I've had an idea - why don't they feed a nice live voltage to these - something good enough to let the theiving scum know not to go in

Kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak. protect their homes better and fry the scum of society in the process

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaul
    Mind you, those sort of bleeding heart Liberal types are increasingly being ignored in favor of the vast majority of people who were born with a shred of common sense. About time too - political correctness has truly had its day.
    HERE HERE

Thanks
    Good old John Stalker - I'd love to see what his house looks like

Here's my idea, like you can chip pets, Chip all burglars - stick a nice deep microchip inside them thats impossible to remove without some serious surgery, you could track the buggers all day, and they'd set off your alarm the minute they entered your property.

Sorted

Further to Vaul's Guardian reader comment, I have my popcorn and super-size coke ready at what I feel will be quite a sizeable thread
    Last edited by Skii; 13-12-2004 at 03:00 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Skii
    Further to Vaul's Guardian reader comment, I have my popcorn and super-size coke ready at what I feel will be quite a sizeable thread
    Aye the storms a-brewin' and the vultures are circling!

I shall never tire... BEANFro Elite's Avatar
    Thanks
    • BEANFro Elite's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus MAXIMUS IV EXTREME Rev.3.0
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 2600K Sandy Bridge
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Memory Vengeance 8GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 240Gb RevoDrive 3 X2, 1x 1TB Maxter DiamondMax 11
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire ATi HD5970 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1000W Modular
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2209WA
      • Internet:
      • TalkTalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Skii
    Good old John Stalker - I'd love to see what his house looks like

Here's my idea, like you can chip pets, Chip all burglars - stick a nice deep microchip inside them thats impossible to remove without some serious surgery, you could track the buggers all day, and they'd set off your alarm the minute they entered your property.

Sorted

Sets off the alarms and immobilises the b*stard ready for you to beat every last bit of sh*t out of the b*stard!! MWAH HA HA HA

And just when he thinks its all over the b*stard and all other burglars are forced at gunpoint to join an all new department of the army..."the 111th Minesweeper Regiment. they're not given weapons, equipment, training or nothing at all, they're flown to wherever its suspected that there are any mines and then are forced to walk around until BOOM!!

MWAH HA HA HA

Nope I'm not psycotic, thats just the way I feel we should treat those burgling scrotum suckers...
    Last edited by BEANFro Elite; 13-12-2004 at 03:27 PM.

Un-Official HEXUS CS:S Clan Member/ajbruns man! Daymonkey's Avatar
    Thanks
    If somebody ever tryed to burgal my house i would get my grandads shotgun and shoot him and im not even joking there.

Irc Channels To Join(Quakenet), #hexus.cs, #hexus.net

Registered+
    Thanks
    i think burgulars are scum (unfortunatly my family have been victim of burglars on a couple of occasions ) -i especially think those people who break into peoples houses and cars around christmas and steal what are obviously childrens christmas presents are even more disgusting.

Never try, never fail!
    Thanks
    i keep a baseball bat in the house for this very reason. Anyone breaks into my house and near my wife and child will be introduced to it. Posessions can be replaced by the insurance but i am very protective of my family.

I used to repossess houses (many years ago) and part of the job was to break into properties that had been abandoned. Most door locks can be taken out in a matter of minutes. The standard yale (cylinder) locks are basically useless. Eurolocks (double glazed doors) arent much better as they cant be knocked out and replaced easily. Even the chubb 5 lever locks are easily beaten with a crowbar (although noisy).

Basically it doesnt matter how secure you think the entrances are to your house there is pretty much always a way in within minutes.

Now that you all feel nice and safe in your homes, does anyone want to buy a baseball bat going cheap

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SmileyUK
    Basically it doesnt matter how secure you think the entrances are to your house there is pretty much always a way in within minutes.
    Unless you have a blast door - not really practical though!

Thanks
    • Howard's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2x1gb OCZ DDR2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 250GB & 500GB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Inno3d iChill 7900GS
      • PSU:
      • Antec SmartPower 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 330
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x AG Neovo F419
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mbit
    I'm not sure if I'd go quite as far as shooting them, one reason being I don't own a firearm. Lol.

But I wouldn't be held responsible for any actions that did arise from a burglar entering my house.
    Home cinema: Toshiba 42XV555DB Full HD LCD | Onkyo TX-SR705 | NAD C352 | Monitor Audio Bronze B2 | Monitor Audio Bronze C | Monitor Audio Bronze BFX | Yamaha NSC120 | BK Monolith sub | Toshiba HD-EP35 HD-DVD | Samsung BD-P1400 BluRay Player | Pioneer DV-575 | Squeezebox3 | Virgin Media V+ Box
    PC: Asus P5B | Core2duo 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 PC6400 | Inno3d iChill 7900GS | Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 | 250GB | 500GB | NEC DVDRW | Dual AG Neovo 19"
    HTPC: | Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 250GBx2 | Radeon X1300 | Terratec Aureon 7.1 | Windows MCE 2005
    Laptop: 1.5GHz Centrino | 512MB | 60GB | 15" Wide TFT | Wifi | DVDRW

Thanks
    I must admit that I didn't pay much attention to this, but I got the impression that the new law would not in fact make it open season on burglars- it just clarifies the existing legal position that it is acceptable to use reasonable force to defend your property. It's just to make the law more straightforward and less open to misinterpretation. There is a widespread perception that you can't use force against burglars, which isn't helped by various sections of the media presenting Tony Martin as some kind of martyr for self defense, rather than the paranoid nutter he actually was. If someone broke into your house tonight you would be entitled to use reasonable force to stop them taking your stuff, you just can't beat them to a bloody pulp. By all means hit them if they start a struggle with you, just don't sneak up behind them and crack their skull with a blow from a baseball bat.

When we last had a similar debate to this, Nichomach came along and provided a list of cases where people had used extreme ultraviolence to defend their property and had been acquitted of any wrongdoing because the force used, although extreme, was proportionate. These included a guy who shot a 16 year old in the eye with a harpoon gun (not unreasonable since he'd just been stabbed near the heart) and a guy who killed someone with a shotgun as he tried to gain entry to their house (reasonable since there was a good chance he was armed and was known to be unstable).

Quote Originally Posted by Vaul
    Of course mate, some Guardian reader will probably come along and bang on about human rights, and how the poor crack addict is only breaking into old grannies flats, beating them half to death and stealing their pension money because we (the nasty law abiding masses) have created the problem and it’s a shame for the poor thug, and he’s the victim really.
    Well, you're hoping that someone will say that, but it's actually pretty unlikely. In any case, old grannies aren't really going to be helped by this new law unless in addition to being old and frail they're also trained martial artists.

Rich :¬)

Thread Information