• Coolermaster Stacker 832 SE
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 3 x BenQ G2222HDL 21.5inch 1080p
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 2

Cyber Snipa Stinger Gaming Mouse

This is my first mini review so be easy on me!

Today I will be reviewing the Cyber Snipa Stinger mouse. Most of you probably have not really heard of the company Cyber Snipa, which is not surprising as the main ones we hear about are Logitech or Razer.

About Cyber Snipa

Cyber Snipa was formed in 1989 and its founding members have over 18 years of experience in producing exclusively manufactured products. Cyber Snipa is a subsidiary of Flexiglow, who make and supply pc modding and gaming accessories

http://www.cybersnipa.com/eu/ (Website)

Specifications
    • Up to 3200 DPI laser engine
    • Tracking speed of 45 inches per second
    • 9 buttons including 6 macro programmable
    • Up to 1000Hz adjustable report rate
    • 8kb of on-board memory
    • 16 bit ultra wide data path
    • 7 removable weights
    • 4 super size easy glide feet

Features

• The Cyber Snipa Stinger takes the final step in the evolution of gaming mice.
    • The Stinger is the master of macro; possessing on-board memory, macros can be recorded and set to any of the 6 customisable buttons of a macro profile. With 3 separate profiles, the Stinger gives the possibility of a staggering 18 on-board macros at any one time!
    • The Stinger also features fully adjustable dpi. The software allows the user to select 4 different dpi levels, ranging anywhere from 400 to 3200 dpi, which can be cycled through by pressing the mouse’s dpi button.
    • The gaming grade laser engine operates at over 7000 frames per second, offers a maximum of 3200 dpi and features a super fast USB report rate of 1000Hz, meaning the response time drops from the standard 8ms to 1ms!
    • The top of the line laser engine and the armoury of features means this is a mouse like no other.
    Even though the above sounds very impressive, its means jack if the mouse is no good when it comes to gaming. So lets move onto the real deal.

Packaging-

Packaging is in the form of one of those transparent plastic sealed packages, which is slightly annoying, because once you have opened it, you cannot properly seal it again. Beside that it’s well designed and contains the specs and features on the back.

Contents-

Mouse
    Software CD, (contains driver and macro manager software)
    7* Weights (20g each)
    Manual
    Spare Mouse feet

The above 2 images are not my own, as I cant seem to find my packaging and if I did its probably in a mess.

First Impressions

At first glance I thought the mouse looked a bit toyish. The red and black combination is quite unique, but after a week or so it grew on me and I actually don’t mind it. It goes well with the rest of my peripherals which are all black. However I can imagine the colour combination putting some people off and if I was Cyber Snipa I would release a couple of more colour combos so that the mouse appeals to everyone’s tastes.

As soon as you hold the mouse you can instantly feel the quality. It does not feel either too light or too heavy, but just the right weight to make it feel solid. To give you an idea it’s about as good as a G5 or G7 which both in my opinion are very solid mice.

The rubberised surfaces on top are exceptionally smooth and provide good grip. Another good feature is the red rubber on each side which provide more grip, especially when your hands get sweaty. The design of the mouse seems ergonomic; each side of the mouse is especially designed so that your thumb and fingers can relax during use. I have played some long gaming sessions on Team Fortress 2, and have had no aches or pains in my hands or wrists. One downside of this mouse is that it’s exclusively for the right handed.

On the top of the mouse there is a 4-way scroll wheel, an on-the-fly DPI switching button and a macro-button. The scroll button is covered in a whitish soft rubber with lots of small circular indentations. The wheels also makes a quiet clicking noise when scrolling, and also makes a much loader sound (a bit like an ipod click) when you scroll it horizontally. This can be annoying to some but personally I have no qualms with it, maybe that’s because I hardly use it!

In the daylight the blue and green lights really don’t go well with the red and black combo, but in the night they look quite funky. The mouse also has had an illuminated red crosshair logo on the back, which looks awesome in the dark

The colours correspond to the dpi setting. In order of increasing dpi its, No light, red, green, blue correspond to 400, 800, 1600 and 2000 dpi respectively. This is default and can be changed using the software provided.

The mouse also comes with removable weights which allow you to customise the mouse to suit your own style of gameplay. It’s similar to system employed by the G5. Each weight weighs 20g and can easily be inserted into the bottom of the mouse underneath a circular twist open door.

I personally found that I prefer 6*20g weights inside, but of course this will differ for others and it’s a useful feature to have. Also so that your weights are not lost, they can be stored in a handy box that comes with the mouse.

On the bottom there are 4 white Teflon feet which the mouse glides upon. Luckily if they ever get worn out, Cyber Snipa have kindly provided with one spare for each foot.

The usb cable from the mouse is coated with some sort of red rubber, so it feels quite solid and not flimsy. I’m not sure if Cyber Snipa means for this, but the red cable really helps when you are trying to identify which cable is the mouse when you are pulling out leads from the back. This has saved me quite a few head bangs, when trying to lift my head from under the desk to check if I have pulled out the correct lead!

Software

The software provided allows you to configure the sensitivity levels of the mouse by altering the dpi, speed and report rates. It also allows you to record and store macros onto the on-board memory. You can then play out these macros by pressing the macro button on the top of the mouse and the corresponding side button you programmed it to. If you cannot understand what I just said, don’t worry neither can I! Here is an example.

Let’s say you wanted to quickly change to weapons and then do a rapid fire, you would press the start recording tab and carry out the exact keyboard and mouse strokes as you would do in the game. It also records the speed at which you do this.

Once you are done, stop recording and load the macro onto button 4 or 5, of any mode (green, blue or red). Then start the game, change the memory button to red, blue or green, press whichever button you stored it on, sit back and watch it work. I’ve hardly ever used this but I can imagine it can come in handy.

You can basically program any combination of keyboard strokes and mouse movements into the macro. You can also program the macros to launch various programs.

Pros

Cost, at £29.99 its good value for money (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=468294)
    Quality is high
    Accurate
    On the fli dpi changing
    Onboard macros
    Ergonomic
    Good grip

Cons

A somewhat weird colour combo
    Not widely available in the UK
    Exclusively for the right handed

Final Score 9/10

I’ve had this mouse for a good month now, and have used it on various games. So far it’s been superb. I have never had any lag or loss of accuracy during gaming or normal use. It really is a very good mouse. If you looking to buy a new gaming mice, then give this one a look, as it’s definitely up there with the likes of the G5 and Deathadder.

2. Received thanks from:

Mithrandir (11-07-2008)

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Cyber Snipa Stinger Gaming Mouse

Nice review!

Registered+
    Thanks

Great review, covering all the bases! The photos are a great help too!

How's are you find it with non-gaming applictions and the windows desktop? Any problems/conflicts with any applications??

Thanks again for the review!

Thanks
    • shadowmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.6Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3
      • Storage:
      • Kingston SSD V series 64GB + Samsung F3 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 5870 1GB in Crossfire
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet 1200W Dark Power Pro
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 2

Quote Originally Posted by jw007 View Post
    Great review, covering all the bases! The photos are a great help too!

How's are you find it with non-gaming applictions and the windows desktop? Any problems/conflicts with any applications??

Thanks again for the review!
    Perfect to be honest, have had it for a while and no problems so far

Thanks
    • Hicks12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500k@4ghz, cooled by EK Supreme HF
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Kingston hyperX ddr3 PC3-12800 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 64GB M4/128GB M4 / WD 640GB AAKS / 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit GTX460 @ 900Mhz Core
      • PSU:
      • 675W ThermalTake ThoughPower XT
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A70 with modded top for 360mm rad
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H IPS
      • Internet:
      • 10mb/s cable from virgin media

Good review, looks similar to the saitek cyborg mouse in the way its different(imo). Keep them up
    Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    Trust me, go into any local club and shout "I've got dual Nehalem Xeons" and all of the girls will practically collapse on the spot at the thought of your e-penis

Thanks

i just bought this mouse,nice review this is the first time i seen this review but i see logan on tiger TV testing this lot.
    i liked the shape of the mouse thats waht interested me also the higher DPI. My Razer deathadder is , it's very light in weight, nice shape but not as nice as the stinger,Mine is as the mouse button double clicks after 6 months of use.

Going back to Razer, also i have a Razer Lycosa and that is **** too they drivers are crap, media buttons are doddgy, keys wearout, cannot see key letters when lights are off even in the day time, marks easy,audio sound connections are no good very bad sound quality i have to use my pc headphone socket. and USB slow......

i guess i will not be buying Razer again. but i have to say i like this mouse, it feels nice accurate mouse movements nice grip for my large hands. mouse glides nice as it has many pad area's, color scheme is off but it stands out nice....

i have had a logitech G5 that has a nice shape not far off the stinger...

Buy one before there gone, i know they have some copys of this mouse, branded Trust OCZ Gigabyte

Thanks
    • shadowmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.6Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3
      • Storage:
      • Kingston SSD V series 64GB + Samsung F3 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 5870 1GB in Crossfire
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet 1200W Dark Power Pro
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 2

Quote Originally Posted by justyjust View Post
    i just bought this mouse,nice review this is the first time i seen this review but i see logan on tiger TV testing this lot.
    i liked the shape of the mouse thats waht interested me also the higher DPI. My Razer deathadder is , it's very light in weight, nice shape but not as nice as the stinger,Mine is as the mouse button double clicks after 6 months of use.

Going back to Razer, also i have a Razer Lycosa and that is **** too they drivers are crap, media buttons are doddgy, keys wearout, cannot see key letters when lights are off even in the day time, marks easy,audio sound connections are no good very bad sound quality i have to use my pc headphone socket. and USB slow......

i guess i will not be buying Razer again. but i have to say i like this mouse, it feels nice accurate mouse movements nice grip for my large hands. mouse glides nice as it has many pad area's, color scheme is off but it stands out nice....

i have had a logitech G5 that has a nice shape not far off the stinger...

Buy one before there gone, i know they have some copys of this mouse, branded Trust OCZ Gigabyte
    Welcome to hexus

http://forums.hexus.net/welcome-hexu...ome-hexus.html

As you said the snipa is very good mouse, rare as well since not most people are aware of it. In terms of quality its definitely up there with the G5, etc. However the colour combo is a little funky

Banned
    Thanks

cool!

Registered+
    Thanks
    • mribrahimali's system
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz
      • Storage:
      • 320GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570, 512MB
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista x64

that is a really good review, if only i had read this before going through amazon for a new mouse

Thread Information