Would appreciate comments, criticism and suggestions for the following build:
Use = college and uni work so no gaming allowed (ahem - well maybe a little)
Matx for slightly smaller footprint
i3 seems to offer decent upgrade path
Already has 1650x1080 monitor, 500W OCZ PSU and W7 home.
- i3 2120 3.3GHz*(89.99 - Novatech)
- Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 (SCAN - 87.22)
- MSI 6770 (74.98 - dabs)
- Fractal design arc mini (54.99 - Ebuyer)
- Corsair 2x2GB 1600MHz (SCAN - 22.99)
- LG GH22NS70 (SCAN - 13.79)
- Seagate ST31000524AS sata III 1TB (SCAN -86.52)
Give or take 'Today only offers' comes to about £430.
Main question - is Z68 OTT for this one? Not likely to OC this incarnation but might be useful for next CPU upgrade.
Also post flood HDD prices are a bit painful still - perhaps opt instead for smaller HDD and pair it with SSD (Agility 3/crucial4)?
Keeping under £450 would be a bonus!
Thanks for your input.