Hi, I posted a month or so back stating that I was planning to upgrade my current PC. I have now got the funds to do so and am just waiting on the 7850 to be available to actually buy. I would just like to know if all of it is compatible and worth while. Ok here goes:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 (because it has a firewire port)
CPU: Xeon E3-1230
GFX card: 7850 2GB or GTX 560 448 Core
Ram: 16GB 4x4GB Corsair XMS3
The pc will be for gaming and audio editing/mixing/producing. I would prefer to go AMD graphics wise but if the 560 ti 448 core is significantly cheaper then I think I'd have to be stupid to go for it. My only query I have about choosing the 560 ti is whether my 550w xclio PSU will be able to give it enough juice.
Am I stupid to be going for the Z68 board instead of waiting a bit for the Z77? I feel like I have been waiting for ages. I already have the case, monitor etc. Is there any reason for me to get something different or to wait longer? I suppose it will depend on how much the HD7850 will be when it comes out.
Thanks in advance.